Discuss Chernobyl does anyone remember it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The Trawsfyndd nuclear plant in Anglesey had the leak alarms go off and all hell broke loose as they dropped the boron rods to shut down the reactor, took a while after the reactor was cold to realise it was an external sensor and not them!.
Sheep were kept on the hills solely to harvest the fallout for many, many years and finally disposed of as radioactive waste.

Many people see cancer as some form of disease they catch but it is more so there own bodies genetic code been damaged and replicating the damage until it is either stopped or leads to ones demise.

Dr Paul Clayton's book Health Defence is an interesting read and talk about Flavonoids etc etc.

My parents retired to the Clyde coast, near Faslane. The MOD, after repeated requests, published a local area map, showing the likely fallout area in the event of an "incident"...the thick black line weaved in and out, basically tracing the outside walls of all the houses and other buildings in the vicinity..basically saying all would be fine if you stayed indoors!
For those of you who remember the late, great Warren Zevon...
"I'm putting tinfoil up on the windows.
Laying down in the dark to dream
I don't wanna see their faces
I don't wanna hear them scream..."

For those who would like to know, the track is called "Splendid Isolation"

and for those who want to listen further, have a good laugh at
"Porcelain Monkey" and your life may be enriched, in a small way!

For those of you who remember the late, great Warren Zevon...
"I'm putting tinfoil up on the windows.
Laying down in the dark to dream
I don't wanna see their faces
I don't wanna hear them scream..."
For those who would like to know, the track is called "Splendid Isolation" and for those who want to listen further, have a good laugh at
"Porcelain Monkey" and your life may be enriched, in a small way!
Hi Pirate - yes another WZ fan here. As an old Cold Warrier his L,G&M track always held special interest for me. Not to mention Thompson guns.

@grantr37 - You wouldn't be a green activist by any chance?

I ask because of the way you present your message here, although I don't disagree with the core of what you say, there are many unsubstantiated claims and statements in your post.

You clearly have a personal interest in this but with it you seem to have adopted some conspiracy theory, if indeed there are so called hundreds of accidents (assuming dangerous to the environment and health) and you end up getting bumped off for whistle-blowing hence we don't hear about it then has can you corroborate this claim and why didn't Wiki-leaks expose any off these claims?
You suggest what happened in Chernobyl is no longer mentioned and been buried, this is far from the truth, it has ongoing active cleanup regularly reported on, it was across the news last year with the installation of the biggest ever shell manoeuvered over it, Prypyat has had decades of extensive clean-up it is now low enough risk that it has tourist tours, it has had several documentaries made on it and is even now the focus of the new VR technology like I mentioned earlier, how is any of this trying to hide or forget the problem?
Nuclear power is a stepping stone to what could one day be unlimited energy with clean nuclear fusion, the technologies that is fueling this comes from many areas of science including what we learn from Nuclear Fission plants, the accidents, the leaks the successes and failures are all a contributing factor to building better and safer technologies, you cannot skip over all this and expect the same end result. The biggest and most concerning risk to health from radiation pollution is from coal fired power stations that release far more radiation into the atmosphere then any Nuclear power plant and up to 100x more pollution into the local surroundings than any nuclear plant, and that is on top of the gasses they release choking the atmosphere.

Yep, I remember it,

Chernobyl does anyone remember it? Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 14.26.19 - EletriciansForums.net

I'm suprised no one has mentioned why you can't wear 'y-front' underwear in Russia - Chernobyl fallout.

Reply to Chernobyl does anyone remember it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock