Discuss Child safety - skylight windows in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingeri

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My little boy Thomas is moving into the loft conversion bedroom, which has three standard Velux skylight windows. They are not within his reach, but he's a clever little blighter and just the thought of him moving furniture around to stand on and reach them gives me nightmares, especially as there is a three storey drop involved. I obviously don't want to keep them locked, so I've been looking for a device to limit how far they can be opened, so he can't fit through.

I can't find anything suitable at all. I'm thinking of just screwing in some lengths of chain, simple and cheap, but has anyone else seen anything better or perhaps have a better idea?

Thanks folks. :)

Sorry mate. Bit of a bodge, but how about some screws or lugs fitted the the frame internally to stop the window passing a certain point. Much harder for your child to undo than a hook and chain

there are stays you can screw on that limit how far the window will open. some have a child proof release so you can open them when required.

A length of chain securely fastened to a wall at one end with the other fastened round Thomas's ankle will fettle the little blighter and you can open them as wide as you like:)

Reply to Child safety - skylight windows in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
my lights are dimming everytime an appliance turns on in my appartment and the shared area of the basement next to it. my fridge causes a moderate...
Replies
Views
Folks, Own house (so a bit embarrassing). I've got 4 x TOPP ACK42 (AKA Teleflex MAC41) window/skylight openers which open 4 x UPVC top-hung...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Guys (and I assume that you mostly will be guys..), A quick introduction, I have spent most of my adult life working overseas as an aid...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S
Kulula is an Airline with head office situated in Johannesburg . Kulula airline attendants make an effort to make the in-flight "safety lecture"...
Replies
Views
alarm man
A

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock