Discuss chinese panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daytona600

seven us modules makers , lead by solarworld germany which is the number one manufacturer in north america
have had support this week from president obama re chinese price dumping of state owned & bank supported module manufacturers
recently evergreen & solyndra went bust with the lose on 1000s of jobs and many others have poor order books & balance sheets
even though usa marget has had been very rapidly expanding by several GWp at present

recently jinko solar in china had riots and there factory was set on fire , due to hazdous chemicals dumping in local rivers
european & usa laws on labour , safety , wages put them at a price disadvantage

italy allows 10% higher FITs for european modules or modules with european components in them
could the uk & europe follow suit

Pretty soon we will all be paying for the Italian FIT! If that is an economic model to follow then we are all in deep trouble.

The actual rule is "10 per cent to PV plants whose cost of construction, excluding labour costs, is composed at 60% or more by components manufactured within the European Union"

I can see quit a few holes in that regulation; pricy framing with competitive Chinese panels = +5% please.

I'd have thought that since Italy can do it, so can we - we are all part of the EU after all, and similar rules apply.

However, politics is never that straight-froward. Often deals have been made, say, with China, that are felt to benefit us in the long run, and any suggestion of protectionism could scupper them. I'm not suggesting this is the case, only that thing are never simple in politics. It's a murky world...

Reply to chinese panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net