• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Chint Consumer Units in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I can get a 10 way MK board at my local wholesalers cheaper than Screwfix 10 way Chint board. I know which i would rather use.;)

My thoughts exactly!

The price that Screwfix are asking places the Chint range into Hager/Wylex/Crabtree territory and at that price I would much rather stick with the tried and trusted brands.

Not the used the metal CUs but the old plastic ones were cheap ----, neutral and earth bar mounts very easily snapped off from the the bit that holds them to the cu.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing these units on offer at half-price in Screwfix's 2018 end of line clearance sale!

Before amd 3, the plastic CU's felt cheap and nasty. I've had cardboard shoe boxes with more rigidity lol. Around the same time on a suby job I was given a Chint TP DB to install in a shop. Not bad but others are available for not much more money????

Chints not something we've been asked for before. MK and Hager are our most popular and reliable brands along with Wylex. Sometimes it better the devil you know. Plus as the others have stated the aforementioned brands aren't going to cost much more and in some cases less than the Chints. We have a whole selection of CU's available if if you wanted to take a look plus through September as forum members you can get and extra 5% off with code "FORUMFIVE". Cheers, Ivan

Stick to Hager. Pretty much the only brand where the MCB's sit completely vertical with no effort.

FFS HOW HARD IS IT! Sparks been moaning about this since the dawn of time!

The only brand to fit vertical is Crabtree Starbreaker as they plug onto the busbar with no need for a screw motion to fit it.

Reply to Chint Consumer Units in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back