Discuss Chint RCDs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Malpom

Has anyone used CHINT products are they any good
I have been looking at their RCDs priced at £15.00 for S type 100Ma 80A
RCBOs From £5.00

some hate chint, but i've used some of their gear and had no problems.

I've just used some 3p 63a type d breakers .... £16 each... Bargain, working fine, had a prob with a 50a for a domestic board, but in general, ok

Ive had no problems with the RCBO's and MCB's. Only used them recently though. Used a metal consumer unit that was a pile off poo tang though.

There dirt cheap, heard rumours of them being made with old telemecanique moulds and machines??? just a lot cheaper plastic.

Going by what others have stated here, it seems par for the course for any RCD devices!! At the present time, it doesn't matter too much what manufacturer you use, the failure rates are similar!!

We get them in South Africa as well and they're cheap. I've always avoided them in the panels we build but I've seen lots of them in service and haven't seen more failures than any other brand.

RCBO's for a fiver, i'd set up a buisiness selling them and forget sparking,i can't get them for under £15 you must be buying a big quantity?

Never heard of them, a fiver, gasp!!!!! but if they are to the same standard or less as proteus which are even more expensive then the dustbin is the place for it haha

have a look at lewden, wilts flog em. rcds £10 rcbos £12.
i bet more wylex rcds come duff out of the box? plus at these prices you can keep a few in the van incase one is duff!

Just googled them actually, there is a BS number on then and they are 61009s so I won't say anymore unless I actually use one.

Nothing wrong with Lewden RCBO's,use them all the time no more faultys than other well known brands and RCD trip times are pretty consistant.Denmans also sell them

I agree, I was commenting about the Chints fella, sorry about the crossed post, I carry 2-3 lewden boards on my van at all times actually, £42.00 each if you buy 3 at a time and thats fully loaded, ridiculous, however in saying that I get a 5% failure on the RCDs under tests, usually when testing them the trips won't reset after and they have to go back to the wholesaler, 5% as mentioned, 95% okay though, but in general they are fine for the silly money they cost.

Going by what others have stated here, it seems par for the course for any RCD devices!! At the present time, it doesn't matter too much what manufacturer you use, the failure rates are similar!!

thats because theyre all made at the same factory no matter what brand sticker is on them.
probably at a factory near to your location lol.

thats because theyre all made at the same factory no matter what brand sticker is on them.
probably at a factory near to your location lol.

Probably not exactly near my location, but the odds are they could well all be being produced from factory's in the same country i'm presently residing in...lol!!

Reply to Chint RCDs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock