Discuss Chris Huhne's Big Day....In Court in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Time To Bring Out The Vaseline?

vaseline.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks that 8 months is far FAR too excessive?

Fine him for the costs of the court case? Sounds fair enough. A year of unpaid community work? Fair enough.

But doing prison time? I thought our prisons were supposed to be over-crowded and we had no more room for burglars etc? But we have room for someone who tried to dodge a speeding fine?

he got off lightly. There was a guy on the radio yesterday, same offence, got 18 months.. He'll probably actually do less than 90 days.
He should have got longer

Seems a bit harsh to me as well.

1) My cousin was killed on his motorbike by some one who admitted causing death by careless driving --- £700 fine and 7 points

2) Dorset Police Officer Kills motorcyclist whilst using mobile phone --- no charge
(Death crash policewoman resigns - | Motorcycle News | Bike News | Motorbike Videos | MCN)

Seems that killing someone with your vehicle is less important to the courts than swopping a few points.

Maybe they have made an example of him for wasting tax payers money but then thats harsh as well, because as an MP he`s been doing that for a career !

I think 8 months is right, it was the lying over quite a few months which is one reason, if he would have admitted it straight away he may have got a fine and a ban, she however should have got longer, devious and went to the papers and got paid to tell all, I would have given her 18 months.

Agree I feel the wife should shoulder the blame, looking back at his reasoning. If like most of you guys depend on not losing your license you might just do the same. He was wrong to lie once the story broke and should lose his pension and trimmings and pay full costs. And apologies to all the solar pv installers for the handling of FITs because at the time he was conceiving his lies !!

Now for Greg and Otto, I wonder if Otto will sell his story !!

I think they got off lightly with 8 months as they won't do anything like that inside they should also pay for their food and board in prison so there is no cost to the taxpayers

This case does bring a whole new meaning to a divorce settlement but I suspect Vicky Pryce got more than she bargained for

I think they got off lightly with 8 months as they won't do anything like that inside they should also pay for their food and board in prison so there is no cost to the taxpayers

This case does bring a whole new meaning to a divorce settlement but I suspect Vicky Pryce got more than she bargained for

That's going to cost us taxpayers £32 grand + the the lawyers fees WOW.

"99% of crimes go unpunished.
If you don't catch offenders no amount of threatening punishment will work."

[video=youtube;tBh5wJLCl5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBh5wJLCl5M[/video]

Those that stand on pulpits preaching to the public need to follow their words with actions, not criminal subversion & avoidance.

Hahahah I love how an electrical forum becomes a political minefield....! :45:

I thought we was in this mess from the Labour govts pathetic handling in the first place...?????

What this has to do with the threads title - Chris "flop-head" Hune - I'll never understand :13: :wink_smile::wink_smile::wink_smile:

then you need to read a bit of recent history

loon and barking were the principal players in the destruction of our industry

atelcom this threads in the SOLAR bit of the forum, not electrical in general, so to speak. Wondered if that was the confusion, if not apologies.

Reply to Chris Huhne's Big Day....In Court in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net