Discuss Church Installation PVC? SWA? MICC? Mixed answers. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Kings

Hi there i have a job to rewire part of a church and the original is wired in pvc just wanted to no what the trend is? thanks kinger.

If they have money to spend , and its going to be visable want a really nice job and your used to working with it go pyro

The term "church" is quite loose - could be anything from a grade 1 listed Norman building to some hideous 1970s prefabricated affair.

and some church councils burnt people at the stake, don't mean we still have to

why would anyone use pyro through choice in this day & age?

Because it is an absolute joy to work with and the job satisfaction you can get from it is unreal. Boiler houses, fire alarm systems if i had my way would all still be in MICC. It is an art that will soon die out the way things are going.

Pyro is an art form when done well, I love to do it from time to time. But the time involved is not always the best option in todays time is money world.

i agree with sintra, done right pyro is the dog's nuts, but i still hate it. too impatient perhaps. ( as i have not done much, it takes me longer to make an end off than it does to install a burglar alarm. LOL.)

I still use the good old fashioned T bar stripper and never have a problem.

Because if it is an old church with stone walls bare pyro will blend in with the wall once it looses its shineyness.
and be a bonus for the pikeys, a few kgs of copper to go with the lead off the roof

Most of the older traditional churches insist on MICC/Pyro, and for very good reason. If installed correctly it is almost indestructible, and last longer than any other wiring method!!!

I'm with Sintra on this one 100%, and luckily most of the projects i do, those systems he mentioned ARE still specified. Especially fire alarm systems and Boiler House installations. There is nothing difficult in wiring in MICC, or making off the potted glands. It's more a case these days, that it just isn't taught anymore in the collages and training centres.

Yes it is more expensive to install than PVC, but the advantages are by far more than worth it, in both finished result, and it's unprecedented longevity as an installation....

sign of the times, why waste additional time and costs when there are cheaper quicker alternatives.

Lets hope nearly everybody has your opinion, then the likes of Sintra and myself can pick up all the work in petrol stations. power stations, and all other hazadous areas - thinking about it though im going to recommend anybody traing at the moment skips the bit on pyro, - it's not worth lads,

I dont think there is a bit on pyro anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Reply to Church Installation PVC? SWA? MICC? Mixed answers. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock