Discuss church work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

michufc

hi i am registered with the nic eic domestic installer scheme and one of my customers is in charge of a lot of churchs i have done i lot of work in some of the houses they own and they want me now to sort the churches out

is this ok to you should see what sort of a state they are in

cheers for the help

Always see the job first before you take it on, old buildings such as churches may not have any form of instaltion upgrade for years, quite a challenge but interesting work, good luck.

Hi Michufc
The D.I.Scheme wont cover your work in churches but 17th ed will help best to ask LABC what they require.
Regards
Tony.

Hi Michufc
The D.I.Scheme wont cover your work in churches but 17th ed will help best to ask LABC what they require.
Regards
Tony.

i have got my 17th edition any other advise would be gratefull

do an initial inspection/periodic report on installation to ascitain what is required to bring the churches upto bs7671 then price job and give quote complete with photos and diagrams of your findings/report.
regards
Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
do an initial inspection/periodic report on installation to ascitain what is required to bring the churches upto bs7671 then price job and give quote complete with photos and diagrams of your findings/report.
regards
Tony.

but i am ok to carry out the work though

a church is not classed as a domestic dwelling the same way as a nursing home all be it people live there
it me be the house of god if you have the cheek to put his name on the cert

Yes as long as it complies with bs7671 your covered but as with all other jobs if your rewiring etc you will need a certificate best to check with LABC before you start

Reply to church work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock