Discuss city and guilds 2394/2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rnicholls

This is just a warning to all electrician's wanting to do this course or potential Domestic Installers.

I am currently doing the above courses with Access Training Academy in Cardiff, of which i have to say the tutors are excellent. However this course is unbelievable with this company, firstly you go on the week long 2394/2395 course and then you can book your written exam ( which is now pc based), so a few weeks of head in the book and away you go, on your written exams for both courses.Two to 3 weeks later you find out if you have passed so all in all 5-6 weeks thus far, if you have passed then you can book your practical course which again could be a few weeks before your date, so all in all 2 months since you spent what is supposed to be a week in classroom and test bays , these guys expect you to walk straight back in do both practical exams and happy days.
Not so they will sell you a day in the test bays for ÂŁ100 although this should have been in with the overall course of which costs ÂŁ5,000 the day before you complete the assessments for both courses. The issue is not the ÂŁ100 but the blatant robbery as in mine and many others mind this extra day should have been part of your overall cost as the facilitators of the course they know the delays between parts, which you are not told by the sales staff.
To add insult to injury , What is hilarious with these guys is the fact this first part of the course should be a week long, oh damn no it aint , its 4 days due to easter, therefore in my mind they owe a day, simple quick pro quo in my opinion. This company is a joke, tutors are excellent but the way they work is day light robbery, do not go near these guys you will be ripped off

Last edited by a moderator:
You are 10000000000% not on the 2394/2395 course.

You're a 5 week wonder - the bits of paper you receive at the end of the course you're doing will not find you employment.

The 2394/2395 course will set you back around 500/600 quid.

Every provider that gives 5 week courses needs to go to jail with no luxuries, and then hell. Quickly.

mark 123 before you start mouthing off like a little child, get you facts right, I am a fully fledged electrician but due to 18 years out I made the mistake of going for one of these courses and things have changed just wanting get myself up to date. It seems you have an issue with these courses and guys who do them. I can tell you there are many full scope sparks I wouldn't hire to wire a plug , yet some of these guys and girls are excellent willing to earn all the time, far better than apprentices from college with **** attitudes

So just to clarify, what is the course that you signed up for that you are complaining about ?

Surely any complaints about the course should be directed at the course provider and possibly trading standards and city and guilds.

I did a written exam on Pc, it corrected my spelling and grammar also I can touch type so can go a lot faster.
I think being able to change bits made it easier and I do spell a bit better when typing, some words I don't have a clue how to spell can just flow out from the fingers... Well that's my dyslexia for you

And 5000 dose seem.high. I paid 1200 but I split it up, just in case I f up
I did LCL and eal versions tho

Reply to city and guilds 2394/2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net