Discuss City and guilds qualifications. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I did my part 1 and 2 city and guilds in the 80s and also did the course c, then in recent years the 17th course and then even more recent the 2391.
I never did the AM2.
Not sure what the equivalent pt 1,2 course c equivalents are and whats the NVQ 3 ?

Can anyone enlighten me?

hi just taken my 17th and passed but the computer crashed during my exam and i lost 5 mins of my exam time also ive recently my 2330 level 2 and 3 im not sure why but i seem to be chaseing the qualification before it changes all the time my next one is 2330-10 but i think this is changing too but dont know when

Nvq 3 is a qualification that people have to undertake to be recognized by jib if they have not completed a formal apprentiship and cannot prove competance.
The course can be compleeted via the Internet or by working with a scheme provider you have to be employed to complete this course ( alternatives are available ) the course is basicly a on site diary of works you have to complete photograph and sighned off by employer.
After June this year I believe there was a change that included the need to also obtain a am2 qualification as well but I haven't been up to date lately on gossip so maybe someone else could advise?

Nvq 3 is a qualification that people have to undertake to be recognized by jib if they have not completed a formal apprentiship

A formal Apprenticeship includes the NVQ Level 3. As such it is required even with a formal Apprenticeship.

A formal Apprenticeship includes the NVQ Level 3. As such it is required even with a formal Apprenticeship.
he said he done 2360 anyone could do that qualification without an apprentiship, these days you cannot enrol unless you have an apprentiship the Poster asked what is nvq3.

Silver surfer, 1st things 1st BOING BOING from a fellow baggie!!
What you did was the old 236 qualification (I did it too and the C course which wasn't easy was it!)
The NVQ 3 is in basic terms a logbook where you record work that you have done on site to meet a set criteria, including 3 wiring systems installed, 3 enclosures, all tests carried out and 3 faults found. This is meant to happen on 3 different occasions but not neccesarily on 3 different sites. The AM2 has changed since the 80's but the basic principle is the same as then install for 8 1/2 hours, safe isolation, inspection and test, fault diagnosis and a 30 question online test.
If you need anymore info please feel free to contact
Rob

On a similar note, could anyone advise me please, i am currently working on-site as an electricians mate & looking to get qualified, have on-site experience of approx 1.5 years & also have 17th regs, C & G 2392 & Part P...i was hoping that i could jump straight to the C & G 2330 - Level 3??? would anybody have an idea wether this is actually possible or experience of doing a similar thing? (i also have a Bsc Honours Degree In surveying) & also will do my C & G 2391 next year. Thanks in advance

I doubt you would be able to jump onto 2330 Level 3 without having the 2330 Level 2 qualification first. The technical certificate is now QCF so I would speak to your local college they will be able to help. Although your Part P, 2392 and 17th will help they won't count towards your technical certificate. Also NVQ 3 and an AM2 exam would be needed for you to get a JIB card graded as an electrician

I'm always confused at why people think the AM2 is required, it is not required, the only people that ask for it is the training providers, no one else.. JIB don't require it neither do city and guilds.

I'm always confused at why people think the AM2 is required, it is not required, the only people that ask for it is the training providers, no one else.. JIB don't require it neither do city and guilds.
It is required as part of an advanced modern apprenticeship. Also its a far more worthy exam than a 5 day Part P course!!

Reply to City and guilds qualifications. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net