Discuss claim my 2394 qualification through my 2357 apprentiship in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there,
This is my first time posting on here.
I'm hoping somebody on here can help clear something up for me. I did my 2357 level 3 nvq apprentiship at leeds college of building. When they set out the course they told us that we would also gain our 2394 initial verification by changing some of the units. They said we would get a 2394 certificate at the end. I got my 2357 certificate through but no 2394 as yet. Did anyone else on here do the same and get there 2394?
Many thanks
Ryan

Welcome to the forum.

The description you give does not sound conducive to being able to obtain your 2394.

The 2357 apprenticeship is generally covering core skills and background knowledge of electrical installation in general, whilst it would cover the certification of electrical work this would not be in as detailed a manner as in the 2394.

The 2394 is a short course covering the initial verification of electrical installations in detail.

The units covered in the 2357 are not the same units as covered in the 2394.

Whilst it would be possible to also take on the 2394 within the context of the learning environment of the 2357, this would be a non standard approach and you would also have had to have taken the online assessment, written exam and assignment for the 2394. This may well have ahppened but you should have been aware of the tests you were taking and their intent.

I would probably advise you to check the paperwork detailing the course you attended and check if there is any reference to the acquisition of the 2394.

Hi Richard
Thanks for the reply. Our college tutors told us that we would gain the 2394 qualification because they had changed a couple of the units. Same as the 17th edition. The annoying thing for me is I did my 2395 at a different location and had I known I may not get this 2394 now it would have been cheaper for me to do the 2394/2395 together. I must admit the when I did the 2395 the question paper was very similar to the one I did at the college of building. for the 2394 I did sit an online exam, a practical, and a written which all seem similar to the 2395 that I did. I spoke to city and guilds and they say there is nothing on my walled garden to say I did a 2394. Ive spoke to other students in different classes and they all say the same that they have been told that they will get there 2394 out of it. It all ends up rather confusing at frustrating.

It does sound as if you have completed the required examinations for the 2394.
Therefore it would be a good idea to check with Leeds college of building what is happening.
If you have done the units and passed the tests for the qualification then you should receive the certificate.
However it does take some time from testing to certificate supply so do keep this in mind if the delay has been less than one month.

Being a bit cynical of the organisation of some training places (not necessarily Leeds) then I would be tempted to phrase the request as a statement of fact and not a query.

e.g. I have completed the 2394 at your college and have not received the certificate, please can you check your records and ensure that my examination results have been passed to city and guilds.
Please advise me of the date I will expect to receive the certificate.

Reply to claim my 2394 qualification through my 2357 apprentiship in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock