Discuss Classification code for 100ma TT 3036 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Deleted member 4632

Hi all, carried out an EICR recently on a caravan. System is a TT with 4293 100ma main switch then into a 3036 board. All wiring tested ok with just a few damaged accessories to change. RCD tested ok but its not time delay. Should I be recommending additional 30ma RCD protection for circuits (in walls, bathroom and outside socket)?

Hi all, carried out an EICR recently on a caravan. System is a TT with 4293 100ma main switch then into a 3036 board. All wiring tested ok with just a few damaged accessories to change. RCD tested ok but its not time delay. Should I be recommending additional 30ma RCD protection for circuits (in walls, bathroom and outside socket)?
You should Code them appropriately. Is there supplementary bonding to the bathroom?

if the existing RCD is 30mA why would you want to fit another?

oops, misread OP. thing is, with a caravan, the site connection is usually on a 3omA RCD anyway. is this a static or a tourer?

No supplementary bonding which I have noted as C2. So I suppose that C2 would apply to absence of 30ma RCD protection too.
Maybe if the sockets are likely to supply equipment outside...I would say it's likely the case being a caravan. Then you also have to consider the installation method and what code it warrants.

Reply to Classification code for 100ma TT 3036 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock