Discuss Clipsal or equivalent rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals, can anyone confirm what other make(s) of rcbo will fit a Clipsal split board? I've searched the forum but can't see any definitive answers - and please, no debates about mixing makes of mcb, rcbo etc, needs must. (if anyone has a 10amp Clipsal rcbo to sell, that would be even better!) Thanks.

Ah Tel, my little Easter chicken, I said I'd searched the forum, not the web:whatchutalkingabout. Though I did have a look on t'web too, and couldn't see any 10 amp Clipsal rcbos. So, back to the original, what alternatives will fit???? PS who stocks Europa?

Last edited:
You know guys, you have loads of experience but do no good with responses like that. I did search the forum and did a web search with limited success. Hence I posted here in the hope that someone had the knowledge and interest to reply with some relevant info. I can take and give banter as well as the next person, but tbh with attitudes like that I can understand why so many have decided to bail out of the Forum. Me, I'm going to hang around but, please, don't feel compelled to respond to any of my posts.

Ah Tel, my little Easter chicken, I said I'd searched the forum, not the web:whatchutalkingabout. Though I did have a look on t'web too, and couldn't see any 10 amp Clipsal rcbos. So, back to the original, what alternatives will fit???? PS who stocks Europa?

I got some Europa rcbo's in for a couple of new circuits on a job last month from Eddies .
I had not come across that make before , and at the time thought it looked like cheap sh""e ? I then found 5x 32a 30Ma rcbo's in the recycle bay back at the yard , whilst having a clean through last week .
Apparently they had all failed a x5 test on a local private school we are slowly working through testing , they were less than a year old ( supplied by the last contractor ) , just goes to show that your first gut impression is normally the correct one !

I got some Europa rcbo's in for a couple of new circuits on a job last month from Eddies .
I had not come across that make before , and at the time thought it looked like cheap sh""e ? I then found 5x 32a 30Ma rcbo's in the recycle bay back at the yard , whilst having a clean through last week .
Apparently they had all failed a x5 test on a local private school we are slowly working through testing , they were less than a year old ( supplied by the last contractor ) , just goes to show that your first gut impression is normally the correct one !

Far more likely just a bad batch. I think you would be more than surprised just how many of our so-called prestige RCD devices get sent back for replacement, and these aren't cheap knock-offs!!

Sorry Polo, but I'm in complete agreement with the others. All I had to type into Google was : buy clipsal 10A rcbo
and I had pages of options!

No worries - I did search so not sure why my results were not so positive. I guess if I came on here as a new member and was looking for others to sort out my problems I would expect to get slated - but I'm not and I don't. I ask questions when I find the need, I try to help others if I can. Anyway, I'm off for a:bigcry:

No worries - I did search so not sure why my results were not so positive. I guess if I came on here as a new member and was looking for others to sort out my problems I would expect to get slated - but I'm not and I don't. I ask questions when I find the need, I try to help others if I can. Anyway, I'm off for a:bigcry:

What search engine were you using?

I didn't actually know without checking, but yes, it was Bing. I often have to change between IE, Chrome and Firefox to optimise for different sites and end up inadvertently using different search engines (though I did just try IE to check and came up with a load of Aussie sites!)

I've got a load of brand new Clipsal RCBOs which I picked up for a quid each when Wickes discontinued them.

If you're still having time getting hold of them then let me know, I'm sure we can negotiate a fair price ;)

Thanks for that. I've picked up a Wylex which I'll try out when I finish the job on Sat. But, I've got your number just in case!

Just in case this hasn't been mentioned before it is bad practice to fit protective devices made by one manufacturer into boards made by another.

It has been proved here that the right ones are available. Any half decent wholesaler will be able to get you one by Saturday when you are going to do the job so there is not really much of an excuse for not fitting the right item.

Fair point, but unless I have been poorly advised the RCBO in question is no longer manufactured and none of the wholesalers I use have been able to source them. Web checks have identified some on EBay but not of the correct rating. Believe me, I do try to do the "right" thing.

Fair point, but unless I have been poorly advised the RCBO in question is no longer manufactured and none of the wholesalers I use have been able to source them. Web checks have identified some on EBay but not of the correct rating. Believe me, I do try to do the "right" thing.
Google "obsolete supplies" - they have got me out of 1 or 2 holes in the past!

Reply to Clipsal or equivalent rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net