Discuss Clipsal rcbo. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Tested a Crabtree Polestar board today full of Sector rcbos, tested many of these boards and never seen this. The only Crabtree devices were two mcbs but the Sector devices are identical to Crabtree devices. Out of the nineteen four failed which is something you don't get with Crabtree rcbos. Anyone seen thwm before or are they imposters?20161010_155309.jpg

Last edited:
The wholesaler own brands are usually rebadged versions of other makes, so in your case (even though I thought sector were BG at the moment, they are just changing) they may have been Crabtree at that point.
If the casing is a total match then I would expect they are Crabtree in disguise.
The failures are odd unless there were items still connected.

The wholesaler own brands are usually rebadged versions of other makes, so in your case (even though I thought sector were BG at the moment, they are just changing) they may have been Crabtree at that point.
If the casing is a total match then I would expect they are Crabtree in disguise.
The failures are odd unless there were items still connected.
The test buttons operated the devices but they failed at x1, all above 300 and above 40 x5 with two different rcd testers one a MFT and my old rcd tester. What concerns me is Polestar readings are very consistant, the Sector ones totally random. One which passed was actually 299/39.9. Another 18/18.

18/18 sounds more like a modern RCBO.
Unless there was anything still connected or something leaking away current on the earth? I can only assume they have suffered physical damage internally.

Is odd no faults on circuits, tried them with circuit connected and disconnected. Install only four years old. Will C2 failed ones with a recommendation all are replaced. Thanks for posts.

Reply to Clipsal rcbo. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net