Discuss clone bsi module in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

legepe

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a spare bsi unit and would like to clone it to have as spares for my citroen berlingo multispace mk3 (2012)
I have a progammer (minipro TL866)
If I remove the eeprom 95128WT from the original, copy the contents, then write all data into eeprom in spare bsi unit will this work? Or is it more complicated?
Any advice would be appreciated...
Thanks
legepe

The BSI's in PSA cars are 'one use' so you will have to buy a brand new one to program. My suggestion would be rather than go through the hassle and possible failure of cloning it (and possibly damaging the original!), buy the Lexia kit, get the citroen software on line (normally comes on a CD with the LExia kit) and program the new BSI should you ever need to change it.
Its also really useful if you need to program new keys or want to change settings.

Can you please tell me if you know why they are one use only?

I dont know why they are but i know they are from my experience of working on Peugeot's.
I dont know why the Citroen software will not let you change anything. its identical to Peugeot Planet which i have used hundreds of times to change all sorts of modules, program keys etc

I know these bsi's can be virginised... do you know what is involved in doing this...? I have read elsewhere that by simply changing all the hex data to FF's will do the job but I am not convinced???
I don't have that much experience with the diagbox and you are probably right regarding the key programming...

Reply to clone bsi module in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net