Discuss Close one with ever ready candle lamp in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Had a close one today just wondering if any one has had the same experiance with this make of lamp its an everready candle lamp , what happed was i was just installed an outside light and , went to push the lamp into the holder and it exploded covering me with very small fine pieces of glass ,hadnt even wired it into the supply , luckly i wear specks so missed my eyes but it was all in my hair and face in all the years ive been working in the trade ive not had one go like that before had a few break but this one exploded with a bang

7/8kw Xenons. Now there's a big bang for you! Full welding style safety mask, heavy gauntlet gloves, some places even insisted on a chest plate too. You try to then actually change the bulb wearing that lot!!!

i had a couple of MR16's explode on me. just happened that the pub landlord had removed the faulty ones and taken the transformers out with them. MR16's don't like 240V up'em.

No I haven't experienced any of such close calls but assuming that you didn't even plug the lamp and it exploded as soon as you tried to put it in the holder the reason can be either the usage of an impure bulb or the pressure in the bulb within could have surpassed the non-operating pressure limit. Nevertheless, you should wear the safety equipment while working with the lamps or bulbs.

:eek:mg_smile: Can ye translate that into Geordie please hinny??? :winkiss:

Reply to Close one with ever ready candle lamp in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Posted from another forum "Pretty easy to spot exactly what type of client you're talking too once you've met and dealt with several, and I used...
Replies
Views
I am going to be installing this lamppost and replying the cable. Only thing is I’m a bit unsure on how to light this old bugger up. I was...
Replies
Views
We are steadily replacing old incadescent, CFL and halogen bulbs in our house with LED bulbs. They tend to be the 2700k for the warm colour. We...
Replies
Views
D
I'm hoping someone can help me out. At the weekend, I did a stupid thing, and that was to try and fix a light fitting without turning off the...
Replies
Views
Hello All using the following units KFX 100 Break Glass Reset Button 3FC F20 EU 2 units (both opening 2 vents) 3FC F10 EU 1 unit (opening 1...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock