Discuss Code 3 for usign Sheath of MICC as CPC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The " electrician" that coded the MICC is a dipstick, your customer who wants all the cable replaced is also a dipstick, never in my working life have I heard such a load of old BS. Get hold of Mr Muppet the sparks who coded the MICC and ask him politely in front of the Chap who paid good money for the duff EICR to explain his reasoning, guarantee you he will make a complete fool of himself, he ought to be ashamed of himself, sell his tools, stop paying whatever scam he belongs to, and take up Plumbing. Sorry one more thing are there any Zs readings for these "non-earthed" circuits?

Last edited:
more thing are there any Zs readings for these "non-earthed" circuits?
He has C3 coded it as the copper sheath is used as the cpc, the only explanation that I can think of is corrosion to the sheath due to the environment but thats why you have the PVC over sheath.

Reading back over #9 where the OP says the client is a Local Authority, makes me wonder what sort of technical people they employ, someone must have realised that the Guy doing the testing has made a monumental cockup, in coding the install as he had.

Reading back over #9 where the OP says the client is a Local Authority, makes me wonder what sort of technical people they employ, someone must have realised that the Guy doing the testing has made a monumental cockup, in coding the install as he had.
it's a local authority, Pete. anyone sees it , they'll pass it on to another desk for fear of being branded racist/sexist/or tried for sexual harrasment/discrimination.

it's a local authority, Pete. anyone sees it , they'll pass it on to another desk for fear of being branded racist/sexist/or tried for sexual harrasment/discrimination.
Not my problem so I'll pass it on syndrome then?

eggsackley

It's not one of the jobs Pete was at when he was an apprentice and was sent to polish the MICC's must have polished to enthusiastically and has reduced the CSA of the sheath. Tin hat on.
Never said I polished the MICC enthusiastically Ant, a quick rub to get rid of the patina, and that's it.

Reply to Code 3 for usign Sheath of MICC as CPC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock