Discuss Combi drill and prices!? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Buy cheap buy lots of times, you need to buy the best De Walt for me, IMO

I use a Makita set that I picked up last year. Drill and Impact for £220. Can't go wrong with Makita gear.

Recently I brought a dewalt 18V brushless 3 speed metal chuck bare unit for £70, charger £22, 2 x 4Ah batteries £60 and case £6. £158 all in buying separately or nearly £100 more if I brought as a kit. The batteries are floureon dewalt replica batteries but had some for over a year and are just as good as original batteries IMO. This was for my 1st year apprentice so he doesn't want to spend loads but he's got a good bit of kit their for £150ish IMO. I then take £10 a week out his wages until he's paid it off.

I have the cheaper and the more expensive 18V Bosch blue ones. The cheaper one burnt out twice - my fault each time though - whereas the metal chucked, more expensive one has a good bit more grunt about it. I would not buy a cheap one again from any manufacturer. It's a false economy when you have a business to run.

Edit: just noticed the link Adam put in above. That is the cheaper Bosch I have. As I say, it's OK, but does lack some uummppphhh!

Metal chucked one: http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/bosch-gsb-18-ve2-li-rs-combi-drill-body-only

Last edited:
Bosch professional for me also, really rate the "coolpack" batteries over the basic ones as they tend to last an awful lot longer than most.

I have the one as mentioned above which can occasionally struggle a little on the tougher of surfaces - thats when the 36v SDS comes into its own!

Other than that can't fault it

i went dewalt brushless myself and brought 3 copy batterys from ebay spose to be 4Ah
but i must remember to reg them all, as just got a impact 887 and a ocsiclator

Completely depends on whether you are buying a stand alone drill or starting to base a set round the battery system.

I rate the Milwaukee M18 range but it's not the cheapest. My combi drill batteries are still good after 4 1/2 years though and take daily use/abuse, same as the drill, which has only had one cheap repair in that time.

Recently I brought a dewalt 18V brushless 3 speed metal chuck bare unit for £70, charger £22, 2 x 4Ah batteries £60 and case £6. £158 all in buying separately or nearly £100 more if I brought as a kit. The batteries are floureon dewalt replica batteries but had some for over a year and are just as good as original batteries IMO. This was for my 1st year apprentice so he doesn't want to spend loads but he's got a good bit of kit their for £150ish IMO. I then take £10 a week out his wages until he's paid it off.

good idea that lee, i guess he learns to look after and respect it more. Nothing worse that an apprentice misusing kit, almost slapped one apprentice for throwing my sds on the floor. The whites of his eyes were glowing in fear when i threw him on the floor so i won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makita 481 I've just bought and is a beast, it's the most powerful drill battery combi out there atm
Wood capacity 76 mm torque 115-125 I think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

good idea that lee, i guess he learns to look after and respect it more. Nothing worse that an apprentice misusing kit, almost slapped one apprentice for throwing my sds on the floor. The whites of his eyes were glowing in fear when i threw him on the so i won.

lol once I brought some new shears and the apprentice cut a 3.5 screw with them :furious3:

I've got the Bosch 18v kit if I was buying again I'd Be choosing between Milwaukee and Bosch. I had makita previously and wouldn't have again

Most of my kit is Makita. Also have a Milwaukee Combi & Impact Driver which I don't rate too highly (have the Makita in them also which I prefer).

Just beware that Makita and others have a mountain of combi drills...get a well specced one rather than just a Makita or just a Bosch etc. Makita must have around 20-30 combi drills.

lol once I brought some new shears and the apprentice cut a 3.5 screw with them :furious3:

Had the exact same thing mate. Went to finish of a meter cupboard and realised they couldnt even close let alone cut:icon11:. Had a blanket ban on all my hand tools and gave them a stern talking too.

Reply to Combi drill and prices!? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock