Discuss COME ON NICEIC, WE DONT PAY OUR FEES FOR FUN! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting annoyed with NICEIC Online?
I've told myself I'm going to make a conscious effort to start using it in an attempt to phase out day to day use of my computer based software Amtech Fasttest. (Which I find clunky and glitchy).
I've just tried to do an EICR and come up against two glitches already only 3 pages in!
And they've had an ongoing IPAD app problem for weeks now that still remains unsolved.
I've tried support and they just tell me they are known glitches and they have no time frame for rectification.
I even went as far to try and post on their new support community but even that doesn't work properly!

COME ON NICEIC ! WE DON'T PAY OUR MEMBERSHIP AND CERTIFICATION FEES FOR FUN! PROVIDE THE GREAT SERVICE YOU PROMISE US!

How many Certs do you do per year and how much do they charge you?

You may be better off with a 3rd party certificate system ....... It's not just about the charges, don't forget to factor in your wasted time @ your hourly rate

Good point re time wasted!
They charge ÂŁ1 per cert which doesn't sound much but would add up over the year. I would say 750 certs per year possibly?
Know of any other good online certification platforms that have an offline IPAD app option? (The online part is what attracts me - less paper)

I quite like the Certsure on-line software (although haven't done an EICR, as I don't do them).

I know they had issues with the emailing of certs to clients, think that's been resolved? The app issues has a temporary fix, not to use without internet connection.

I know what you saying, if I ballsed up something for a customer, they'd expect it fixed for free or money off.

As for the fee for the cert, and my time, the customer pays for that.

We use the NIC Clik software and overall it's pretty good once you get your head into it's unique quirks...

I've used Easycert for several years now. The developer guy is really helpful. One off payment per year regardless of how many certs you do unlike the ÂŁ1 per time for the NICEIC. I've told the NICEIC several times that when it becomes as cheep as Easycert I'll look again. The Easycert iPad system works fine.

NICEIC Clik is also for PC and I've rarely had issues using it over the last five years.

Reply to COME ON NICEIC, WE DONT PAY OUR FEES FOR FUN! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net