Discuss comfused by NICEIC statement in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What did you specifically complain to the NICEIC about? Was it just that the socket had been left in that state and was live? Did you raise concerns with the spark befor reporting to NICEIC?

the builder was kicked off the job as he left it like this since 14th Aug. How is a 1in gap a non issue between the face plate and frame. Surely the metal frames should have been fixed to battens so the face plate would be fixed securely over with no movement. Also hole cut in plaster board is bigger than the frame.

Ok, so when did he get kicked off and why was it left like that? Could be a very good reason.

If the hole is bigger then that is down to the plasterer or builder for not cutting it correctly, having a gap like I said is not an issue as long as the live terminals are not accessible or exposed when second fixed.
I get the impression this has been a bit of a rocky ride and only having one side of the story means it is difficult to give a overall view but as for the issues we can see then we can give you our professional opinion.
Maybe it is the perspective in the photo but it doesn't come across as been too big a hole but if that is the case then all that needs to be done at this stage is the section of plasterboard to be cut out and a new piece put in with a correctly side socket cutout. A deeper metal box could also be fitted but that is not really a issue tbh.

bec
So, playing devils advocate... why did the spark leave it like that in the first place?
because he went onto another job, didn't prep the room properly for the plasterer to carry on. Plasterer refused to touch this wall and walked off the job. It's been like that ever since. The electrician is also the builder. The plaster board is also on an external solid wall so water vapour builds up. The plaster board wall has mould on it where the dot and dabs are.

If the hole is bigger then that is down to the plasterer or builder for not cutting it correctly, having a gap like I said is not an issue as long as the live terminals are not accessible or exposed when second fixed.
I get the impression this has been a bit of a rocky ride and only having one side of the story means it is difficult to give a overall view but as for the issues we can see then we can give you our professional opinion.
Maybe it is the perspective in the photo but it doesn't come across as been too big a hole but if that is the case then all that needs to be done at this stage is the section of plasterboard to be cut out and a new piece put in with a correctly side socket cutout. A deeper metal box could also be fitted but that is not really a issue tbh.
thankyou

bec

because he went onto another job, didn't prep the room properly for the plasterer to carry on. Plasterer refused to touch this wall and walked off the job. It's been like that ever since. The electrician is also the builder. The plaster board is also on an external solid wall so water vapour builds up. The plaster board wall has mould on it where the dot and dabs are.
The "Electrician" being one and the same as the builder, reinforces my suspicion that the cable isn't 2.5mm2, a suspicion may I add, to the normal builder, all cables look the same, 2.5, 1.5 after all it's Blue and Brown with an earth wire isn't it?, like I said I can't be sure, just a gut feeling that's all.

confused by statement by NICEIC that this ok? Electrician compliant as circuit not energised. Can anyone tell me how NICEIC can make statement like this and assess wiring ok when they haven been to my house to inspect
see attached the work left like this on Aug14th and I cant get it removed until somebody says it non compliant

View attachment 45946

I would have thought the Electrician did a good job but didn't know the walls would be dry lined afterwards otherwise the Electrician would have just screwed the back box to the wall, otherwise I can see nothing wrong IMO.

The "Electrician" being one and the same as the builder, reinforces my suspicion that the cable isn't 2.5mm2, a suspicion may I add, to the normal builder, all cables look the same, 2.5, 1.5 after all it's Blue and Brown with an earth wire isn't it?, like I said I can't be sure, just a gut feeling that's all.
It is 2.5 Pete, 2.5!!

Are you saying that this is going to be left like this and covered over? if yes then it is obviously non compliant, if however it is left like this not engineered, locked off until the plastering has been done, so all OK. One point though that cable doesn't look like 2.5mm2m why because one of those cpcs looks suspiciously like it#s yellow and not G/Y Just saying.
Why is that Bob, the disagree I mean?

Reply to comfused by NICEIC statement in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net