Discuss Commercial clean supplys in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

piggyitm

Hi can anyone help?I'm doing a bit of work in an existing bank and have been told I have to chase steel conduit into walls and run in studwalls to protect the Clean supply and the Dirty ringmain if they are not RCD protected.I dont want to put the clean on an RCD.Is there a workaround for a commercial enviroment being used only by trained operatives?Suggestions please.

Hi can anyone help?I'm doing a bit of work in an existing bank and have been told I have to chase steel conduit into walls and run in studwalls to protect the Clean supply and the Dirty ringmain if they are not RCD protected.I dont want to put the clean on an RCD.Is there a workaround for a commercial enviroment being used only by trained operatives?Suggestions please.

Definition of "Clean Earth"
A low impedance Earth point with little or no chance of conducted noise either already present or likely to be created when bonded to a circuit

Hi Piggy
Who told you to chase the conduit into the walls I bet itwas a computer geek:D
As long as you are using well earthed metal conduit how will this interfere externally?

Unfortunately a lot of people mis-understand the meaning of clean eath & (panic) I mean err on the side of caution:rolleyes:
BS EN50310 "Application of equipotential bonding and earthing in buildings with information technology equipment". This recommends a TN-S supply (TN-C-S is not recommended), with Mesh-Common-Bonding Network (Mesh-CBN).

Sensible measures like not feeding machinery or other "industrial" equipment from the same sub-main or dis-board where possible, fluorescant fittings for example can be particularly 'noisy' & bothersome so if you have a large amount avoid putting these on the same Dis-board.

The 'Clean' Supply; is this feeding a dedicated circuit for computer equipment if so you can apply reg 411.3.3 (b) & label the sockets accordingly thus avoiding the need for an RCD so negating nuisance tripping due to switch mode power supplies. (the reg was designed for this very purpose)

Hope this is of use.
Gaz.

Cheers for the quick replys.The clean supply is dedicated to computer equipment and they want red socket fronts.I was told that as the cables will be run in the prescribed zone but less than 50mm deep I should use an RCD or Mechanical protection(steel tube).The dirty power is dropping down the walls in PVC tube anyway and was hoping I could use the same method for the clean and leave out the need for an RCD.When I put my 10 penceworth in the reply was a non commital " it's a grey area "!!!!FFS.

If it is a bank surely this would have all been specified by their appointed electrical engineer who would be in charge of the job?

Last thing you would want to do is put it all in and then rip it out again at your cost if you have not put it in correctly.

Reply to Commercial clean supplys in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock