Discuss commercial firealarm and emergency lighting in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can shed sum light on commissioning of commercial firealarms and lighting. Basically a trusted customer owns a nightclub and wants me to add additional call points and sensors that was picked up by the firemarshall, the problem i have is that im an niceic domestic installer and not approved contractor. My question is that am i ok to make the changes and sign it off on a green, and would the firemarshall b ok with that as??? i used to run teams around the uk installing firealarms so i know what im doing and i do have the intentions of becoming approved contractor in the next few months. Can anyone shed sum light???

Technically there is no compulsory approval with fire alarm installaion, which has course a lot of problems over the years. So there is no problem you signing this off, usless a main contractor or insurance company insist on BAFE or AIS.

Wondering if anyone can shed sum light on commissioning of commercial firealarms and lighting. Basically a trusted customer owns a nightclub and wants me to add additional call points and sensors that was picked up by the firemarshall, the problem i have is that im an niceic domestic installer and not approved contractor. My question is that am i ok to make the changes and sign it off on a green, and would the firemarshall b ok with that as??? i used to run teams around the uk installing firealarms so i know what im doing and i do have the intentions of becoming approved contractor in the next few months. Can anyone shed sum light???

I wouldn't bother with Emergency lighting in the shed mate. Don't worry

Reply to commercial firealarm and emergency lighting in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net