Discuss Commercial kitchen bonding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

coxy

Hi any thoughts on this ?
Doing a periodioc on a commercial property with a restaurant and kitchen.Lots of metal tables in the kitchen (not fixed) gas ovens,dishwashers etc.
The circuits are rcd protected the main bonding to gas/water is ok
There has been installed a 6.0mm earth cable running round all the metal tables,sinks,hot/cold water then back to the board and connected to the main earth terminal.
Question - 1- why is this needed - because of rcd protection !! and 2 - could it cause problems in the event of a fault ??
:confused:

this is my take and may not be 100% right
if it has wheels dont bond it
if it has nothing permenantly on it ie microwave/toaster etc dont bond it
if it has something on it do bond it
however i guess if some are bonded and some arnt then this could make things worse
i to would like to know for sure

Hi Mark,
Whats concerning me is in the event of a fault condition and both the supplementary bonding and main bonding -gas water etc is connected together - one is 6.0mm the other 25 mm where does the fault path go !!!

Hi any thoughts on this ?
Doing a periodioc on a commercial property with a restaurant and kitchen.Lots of metal tables in the kitchen (not fixed) gas ovens,dishwashers etc.
The circuits are rcd protected the main bonding to gas/water is ok
There has been installed a 6.0mm earth cable running round all the metal tables,sinks,hot/cold water then back to the board and connected to the main earth terminal.
Question - 1- why is this needed - because of rcd protection !! and 2 - could it cause problems in the event of a fault ??
:confused:
Mobile kitchen tables are not an extraneous conductive part and will not issue a path to earth therefore no requirement for protective earthing or supplementary bonding

The current bonding may import unwanted voltage think of it as a 15th edition bathroom... pointless!!

Another classic case of over cautious work or lack of experience

Hi Yes I agree anything mobile does not need supplementary bonding, and because the gas/water etc are bonded and rcd protection is in place - But I think I need a regulation to quote or a good reason why this could different voltages.!!

Reply to Commercial kitchen bonding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net