Discuss Commercial lighting arrangements/advice in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
ive not really worked too much on commercial installations so i thought id post this and see if i can aquire some useful info.

Client wants :
-light installed in a multi-suite space rental type deal
-there is a suspended ceiling in every suite. It is not the standard 600x600 panels that i am used to though.

Im thinking of running in a plug in lighting greg system, with around 160 spot lights.
Is this a good idea or should i opt for bigger lights?
Any suggestions would be appreciated, operating slightly outside my usual area

I personally wouldn't go with spot lights. LED panels are commonly employed now, what size are the grid panels.

You can get LED panels to fit any grid size now. They are very affordable and usually come with a long warranty.

yeah im seeing 1200x 600 panels, that might be the one, i'll need to nip back down to it tomorrow have a wee check.
Is the greg sytem the way to go?
What about the earthing? should the metal frame of the suspended cieling be earthed? if so, is there a particular clamp to fix an earth onto it?

Standard size would be 1200x600. I don't think they are stable if they are spaced more than 600mm but could be wrong.

Give these guys a ring and see what trade deals they can do for you. I have used them before and their gear gives good results.

http://www.ledsave.co.uk/

yeah im seeing 1200x 600 panels, that might be the one, i'll need to nip back down to it tomorrow have a wee check.
Is the greg sytem the way to go?
What about the earthing? should the metal frame of the suspended cieling be earthed? if so, is there a particular clamp to fix an earth onto it?

You'd be there all wek ensuring every part had a good bonding connection!

Just watch the inrush current; subdivide your circuits as much as reasonably practical.

Edit..Oops, misread your post, thought you were installing 160 led panels!

Reply to Commercial lighting arrangements/advice in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock