Discuss Competent persons scheme, who do i sign up with? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mgale

Hi everybody,

Just a quick hi as i'm new to the site. I have recently done my 17th ed, part p and domestic intallation qualification. Just waiting to do the written half of my 2391 at the moment.

I want to get on a competent persons scheme but i'm unsure who to go with. I have been looking at NIC or Elecsa. I first thought that NIC were the most recognised and thus the best to go with from a advertising point of view. However, I have hered they are not very nice to deal with, are expensive and can be quite harsh on their assessment of your work.

I know there are others as well as those two, i just wondered if any one could share a bit more light on the whole thing.

Thanks.

Ultimately it is horses for courses, friend.

What do you want out of a registration? What sort of work are you going to be doing? (seems mostly domestic to me from what you've said).....

Best advice is to talk to them and ask them what they will do for you.

Hi all,

yeah only interested in domestic really. Thanks for the coments so far. I think i might call them up and get a pack from each of them. As you say talk to them and see who is the best for my needs.

All coments welcome folks.

Thanks

I have been with the NICEIC for donkeys now, way before Part P and all the other HOO-HA!
I have had numerous clashes with them, wether it be the competence of their 'inspector' or their administrative balls ups. At the moment we are sticking with them due to the complications of removing the branding from our stationary etc...

But at the next best opportunity we will be leaving them unless they change their attitude.

I joined NAPIT and so far they have been very helpful.

NICEIC wanted me to jump through hoops so I quickly disregarded them. Elecsa seemed very reasonable and were helpful over the phone but NAPIT covered commercial as well as domestic so I went with them. I have my assessors mobile no. and can call him whenever I need.

Reply to Competent persons scheme, who do i sign up with? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net