Discuss Compliance document for competent person scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, just had my stroma audit on Friday and everything was fine and I got membership approved, but the assessor is asking me to send a compliance policy document, I'm only a sole trader that's started up not long ago so this is still new to me, any ideas what I need to include in it and what it needs to cover I can't seem to find any templates anywhere, thanks!

Unfortunately not! I allready had that and he seen it, he said it's got to show how the company complies, and have a section to record any contact or investigations by stroma or a 3rd party, I've never actually seen anything like this

They will send you an email with any non compliances detailed. Or you can ring them and ask directly, which is what I'd do. Let us know what they say :)

Never heard of that. I am with Stroma. I think there are wires crossed here. They are supposed to issue the compliance document not you. But they do notify you of non compliance in a spreadsheet form. They list the documents or actions missing. What you have described is not one of them. I think you will have to ask Stroma to clarify.

Slightly off subject... Stroma seem pretty pretty hot on due diligence, from reading the various posts they seem to be the cheapest and the only scheme that gives a ----. I have briefly spoken to them at a trade show, they won't accept an NICEIC assessment for either transfer or membership of both unlike Napit or ECA

Think if I were joining a scheme Stroma would be top of my list.

Unfortunately not! I allready had that and he seen it, he said it's got to show how the company complies, and have a section to record any contact or investigations by stroma or a 3rd party, I've never actually seen anything like this

I would email them for clarification, then see what the response says.

I'm with Stroma and don't know what this either....

Did you show a health and safety policy? Risk assessment?

Thanks for your help! So is it litterally just a page with a statement saying how I'll comply and that's it?
I'm being cheeky :)
But if they were mad enough to want one, that's really all it could be I reckon. Plus perhaps put a time on it - "within X working days of receipt of notice"

One thing that p eed me it'd with Stroma this year was they wanted a photo for my ID badge.

When it arrived, I put it in a drawer .... If somebody wants to see my photo IF they can see my driving licence!

Off topic but how doe the renewal work with Stroma, do they just debit your credit card, I am slightly overdue, or do they arrange a visit? They contaced me a while back to ask if I would be renewing and never got back to me?

Off topic but how doe the renewal work with Stroma, do they just debit your credit card, I am slightly overdue, or do they arrange a visit? They contaced me a while back to ask if I would be renewing and never got back to me?
I think you need to confirm with them that you want to renew and then by completing their pre visit questionnaire and making payment they will book a date for your reassessment, (apparently they now need to see two new circuits for the assessment). Once you have been assessed it goes to the decision maker and gets approved and you are done for the next year.

Just found this information in my renewal email "If you are looking to renew your certification, please confirm by logging into the Stroma Installer Portal. Once we have received confirmation of your renewal we will be able to confirm the cost of you renewing your certification and the measure(s) we will require to assess as part of the surveillance visit.
If you have any further questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact Stroma Certification on 0845 621 1111
"

Definitely give them a call and see what's happened.
If your renewal date passes and no inspection has been arranged there's risk you may be dropped from the role, just saying.

Usual run through of paperwork and insurances. Then tea and cakes. Then inspecting site, review of cert and discussion. I had less questioning this time as I guess he could tell I hadn't forgotten my answers from last year.
And then more tea and cakes :)

Usual run through of paperwork and insurances. Then tea and cakes. Then inspecting site, review of cert and discussion. I had less questioning this time as I guess he could tell I hadn't forgotten my answers from last year.
And then more tea and cakes :)
nd the most important aspect enough money to pay the exorbitant yearly fees.

Reply to Compliance document for competent person scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net