Discuss Concealed bonding conductors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingeri

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning all. I'm about to set off to a cellar conversion. The gas, water and electric incomers are all in opposite corners of the cellar. In the next few days it's all going to be plasterboarded, which will conceal the bonding conductors permanently, although the actual earth clamps (i.e. the end of each wire) will still be visible and accessible as the services are all being boxed into cabinets.

Is this all acceptable, and should I note a deviation on the cert? I normally ensure that all bonding is visible, but in this case clearly it's not possible!

dont see a problem,most houses have earths buried in walls how else would get a cable to a point if mains was in the house and gas was on other side of property for example?

Thanks chaps. I think I need to develop my self confidence sometimes. I am a bit of a self-doubter (or as the wife puts it, 'loser'). :)

if it's buried in the walls, then you can use a bit of old scrap 2.5mm where it's not seen, and just twist and tape a bit of 10mm gn/y at the ends. ( oops, thought i was on the builders' forum.)

Reply to Concealed bonding conductors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have received an unsatisfactory EICR report (with 12 nos C2 and 1 F1 code) and not sure should I get it done again by somebody else to get...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Recently started working for a company carrying out electrical installations - I've found a job today that didn't have any bonding...
Replies
Views
Just had a boiler put in on a grant scheme. Water main earth bonding was connected in with the existing gas bonding's pipe clamp on the outlet...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a gas pipe to bond. The client isn't keen to have the cable run internally, so I plan to run it around the outside of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My first post-don't be too hard on me! I'm bonding an existing 3-phase power supply (150mm2 SWA cable) to various incoming services...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock