Discuss Concrete Floor in Extension in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Marcus Vaughan

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well - I recently rewired a house and planned ahead for a proposed single story extension.

The main house is now finished and occupied. Carpets - the lot. Cables are under a suspended timber floor in the kitchen and the plan was to extend these circuits (sockets and lights only) into this new extension (dining room) - all under the floor.

Now the builder had changed his mind from suspended timber and wants to put a concrete floor in the extension.

Any advice?

Conduit/Flexicon?

No real opportunity to run a new circuit under the first floor floorboards anymore...

How are the central heating pipes going to be run into the extension?

Tell the silly billy, to remove the plasterboard ceiling, so you can run your cable in the ceiling void.

Hard impact 25mm2 plastic conduit will be fine in floor screed, just make sure no water pipes are near the cabling

Top tip ............ get on site earlier when the walls start going up ..... then discuss these things with the builder.............. avoids so much hassle later on.

I don’t really see an issue, drill through, put the cables in conduit or trunking in the deck, bring the cables up in the 150mm zone in corner of room and wire through the ceiling in the extension and drop down to accessories. Builder can insulate/screed over the top of the conduit/trunking that’s in the deck.

Well - I recently rewired a house and planned ahead for a proposed single story extension.

The main house is now finished and occupied. Carpets - the lot. Cables are under a suspended timber floor in the kitchen and the plan was to extend these circuits (sockets and lights only) into this new extension (dining room) - all under the floor.

Now the builder had changed his mind from suspended timber and wants to put a concrete floor in the extension.

Any advice?

Conduit/Flexicon?

No real opportunity to run a new circuit under the first floor floorboards anymore...
It's like a lot of builders these days, no thought for anyone else, get the work done, and screw anyone else who gets in the way, this type need lessons in manners, teamwork etc, take him to one side and give him a stiff talking to, if that fails just tell the client what has transpired,and let him deal with the builder,lack of communication all round I think, bad project management, need to keep your eye on the ball Marcus.

Reply to Concrete Floor in Extension in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock