Discuss Conduit installs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
As i don't really do much proper conduit work, i have what may be an obvious question to some. Within a PVC installation, if you had 2 phases feeding a light switch for 2 lots of lighting, would there be a cpc pulled in with both the feeds, or is it done with just the cpc from one circuit at the switch?

i would put 2 cpc's in. 1 for each circuit. otherwise, you are effectively splitting a cpc between 2 circuits.

run the cpc's from the dis. board to the switch position, then separate to each run of fittings.

i would put 2 cpc's in. 1 for each circuit. otherwise, you are effectively splitting a cpc between 2 circuits.

Just playing devils advocate here Tel, but I can't see anything wrong with splitting a single CPC between two circuits so long as the csa is an appropriate measurement.

Just playing devils advocate here Tel, but I can't see anything wrong with splitting a single CPC between two circuits so long as the csa is an appropriate measurement.
not sure on that, but i prefer to see a circuit comprising of all 3 conductors. suppose at some time in the future, one of the circuits was no longer needed and disconnected. the other circuit would then be left without a cpc.

I'd take one CPC to the switch to earth the switch; if you 'had' to take a CPC for every live you might have each switch on a different cct so you could end up with about 20 cpcs in the switch, which would be silly.

Because it's being done in singles the CPCs for the lights can go straight from the CU to the lights, with the neutrals.

would that not contravene "all final circuits to be segragated" though Mr Skelton?

Check out reg 543.1.2. Where a protective conductor is common to two or more circuits...

not sure on that, but i prefer to see a circuit comprising of all 3 conductors. suppose at some time in the future, one of the circuits was no longer needed and disconnected. the other circuit would then be left without a cpc.

Me too. I agree, I would pull two CPC's through too. I'm just sayin', that's all ;)

Reply to Conduit installs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net