Discuss conduit wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

foghorn

been asked to look at job to add extra sockets in kitchen and install downlights house wired in metal conduit no rcd protection metal fusebox any ideas on adding sockets and lights appreciated

At a guess I'd say surface trunk for sockets? As for downlights, what house/flat type is it? Is there a reason why it's conduit install, perhaps down lights is not a realistic option?

Yes plenty of ideas thankyou, i've only been on the forum a couple of weeks and i've seen both these topics discussed already.

Try a little search.

If it were me I'd try and add the sockets on the ring and the lights on the lighting circuit if possible, if not then 2 new circuits lol
been asked to look at job to add extra sockets in kitchen and install downlights house wired in metal conduit no rcd protection metal fusebox any ideas on adding sockets and lights appreciated

Check what the ceiling is made of before you start - a lot of (ex)council houses have concrete ceilings, floors and walls (hence the use of conduit to run the wiring). Won't get many downlights into that stuff ....

pj

What are you actually asking here, are you asking how to do the electrical work?

I wonder how foghorn decided which way to do this job, he seems to of done a runner, he's probably still looking for the incoming gas and water, he'd better upgrade the water from 15mm to 22mm then bond it lol

no not done a runner just asking for a bit of advice as to adding extra sockets and lights to a house wired in steel conduit as the conduit is being used as earth and has metal fusebox with no rcd gas and water in 10mm is it acceptable to add sockets and lights with twin and earth and connect the earths in steelboxes were light fittings and sockets terminate

I have decided on a change of career chaps, I'm going to become either a dentist or a gynaecologist. I have no idea on how these jobs are done but I reckon they'll be a friendly chatty bunch on their forums and would give me any of the pointers I'd need to do the job safely and correctly.
What do you think?

I hope my dentist doesn't use a forum as to find out the best way to proceed when doing a root cannel or any other dental work lol and I hope he has more than 5 weeks training

I have decided on a change of career chaps, I'm going to become either a dentist or a gynaecologist. I have no idea on how these jobs are done but I reckon they'll be a friendly chatty bunch on their forums and would give me any of the pointers I'd need to do the job safely and correctly.
What do you think?

A G forum, every Tom, Dick & Penis will be sticking their opinion into the subject! :smilielol5:

Reply to conduit wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net