Discuss Confirming light switch wiring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris_Von_Bron

Hi all,
I am upgrading a Tenby lightswitch to a Marbo dimmer single 2way 400W and would like confirmation of how to wire up the new dimmer. The light is 3x60W (dimmable) so the 400W is certainly within spec.

Tenbylightswitch.jpg

reverse view of existing light switch

dimmersingle2waymainsvoltage400W.jpg

Reverse view of new dimmer

Please can you confirm what goes where?

I will have the deepen the recess so that the deeper dimmer will fit, but I have test wired the dimmer and it works perfectly. Many thanks for the guidance!

read his posts. he's not even a troll. he's a slug.
A 'forum approved' slug?
OK in this instance he resurrected a 5 and a half year old thread for no apparent reason, but that post was deleted. It could have been reported without doing exactly the same thing (posting after it), and the thread could have returned to history.

Reply to Confirming light switch wiring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am upgrading my traditional 2 gang light switch in the kitchen to a smart 2 gang dimmer switch. When I wired up the switch the switch...
Replies
Views
Hi, Would like to change existing single pole light switch to attached dimmer switch. I have a live and neutral coming from consumer unit, and...
Replies
Views
Thank you in advance for your help. I recently purchased a home and while removing some built-ins I found that they had a 14/2 wire running...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have just moved into a new house and the lights in one of the rooms don’t appear to be working, than on top of that I am rubbish at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock