Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss confused by colour coded wires in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. wronged

wronged New EF Member

Business Name:
    none
    Hi all, originally posted this on new member but I am keen to get a response.

I am trying to repair a tumble dryer. I ordered a part from ebay, the part being a sensor brush. The original sensor brush has a thin black wire and a white wire attached.
    The new sensor brush, although identical to the old part has a green and yellow wire (which I snow is earth) and a white wire.
    I have cut the old wires ready to connect the new wires.
    Should I connect the white wire (new part)to the white wire (attached to the dryer), and the green/yellow wire to the black wire attached to the dryer.

I hope this makes sense.

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Can you show a pic of the new and old parts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. littlespark

littlespark Electrician's Arms

You could also google your make/model of tumble dryer and look for the wiring diagram. It should have cable colours marked on it.

• Like Like x 1