Discuss Confused on exprt metering illustration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Dear all I wonder if you can help please:-

I have a customer on a farm who has 3 x 5 total 15Kw of wind turbines installed foc by wind crop, I am assumining windcrop claim the deemed export rate of 50% of the wind FIT meter reading.

The customer has now been in touch with me as he would like to install 27Kwp of PV on his grain Barn purchasing the system.

I am confused about whats best for the customer as he has got a very small electrical load I assume there are two possibilites :-

A) is he allowed to go for the deemed export option of 50% of his PV FIT meter reading as he is less than 30Kw of PV, bearing in mind he has 15Kw of Wind.

B) If an export meter is fitted at the origin surely it will be measuring some of the exported wind generation units as well as the exported PV generation units ?

If any one has addressed this scenario or has some solutions it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in anticipation

The 30kW limit for deeming applies to an 'Eligible Installation". Different technologies on the same site are treated as separate eligible installations so there should be no legislative issues with getting separate deemed export payments for wind and PV below 30kW each.

You will need to get estimates for the admin costs of having an export meter for the PV and then see if it is financially worthwhile to meter it.

The 30kW limit for deeming applies to an 'Eligible Installation". Different technologies on the same site are treated as separate eligible installations so there should be no legislative issues with getting separate deemed export payments for wind and PV below 30kW each.

You will need to get estimates for the admin costs of having an export meter for the PV and then see if it is financially worthwhile to meter it.

Hi Ted thanks for the advice,

I am i correct in thinking there is a cost for the export meter to be fitted together with an annual service charge for the export meter.

If you had a rough guide from previous experiences that would be helpful

£400 to £600 a year is not uncommon, they tend to want Half Hourly Metering for that size...

The annual admin should only apply of you have a HH meter, which shouldn't be required below 30kW.

The main issue will be the positioning of the meter so that it only measures the site export from the PV. I can't see how this would happen without something similar to the Immersun which can differentiate loads. You may even need something specially designed.

The easiest route might to get the owners of the wind turbine to agree to having an export meter fitted and then pro-rate the export between them and your customer based on generation of the PV and wind.

You need to cope with each of these conditions correctly:

House loadWind genPV genImportExport
case 11000100
case 2105500
case 31010000
case 41001000
case 5103340
case 610515010
case 710155010
case 8101515020

In these last 3 cases you would need to know how much export was attributable to the wind and how much to the pv. With agreement from the wind turbine owners you could get around this and just measure total export simply.

Apologies, TedM's correct I was thinking of >30kW

Reply to Confused on exprt metering illustration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock