Discuss Confused over LED Lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LCV

Hi,
I have a Schneider Electric LED 2 gang dimmer switch plate. One is wired to LED dimmable downlights so that fine. The other is to be wired to the ceiling pendant light (B22). I was going to purchase a LED B22 bulb but the builder said retro fit LED bulbs will not work even if they say they will. He said what he will have to do is pop out one of the modules on the switch plate and replace it with a mains dimmer switch module (Zano).

Just wondered what your thoughts are about this as I feel confused as to why an LED B22 bulb would not work on an LED dimmer switch plate.

Thanks!

can't see any problem, but with LEDs is a case of try it and see. sometimes you get flickering on dimming.

If I had a mains module would that remove the flickering if I had LED B22 bulb? Is that the reason why he wants to switch the module?

LEDs generally need as trailing edge dimmer. you probably not be able to tell until you try the set up.

Thanks. Sounds like what he has suggested is the right thing to do then. Okay, will tell him to go ahead with his proposal.

Thanks for all your replies!

Hum. The builder says!

Beware schneider information can be wrong and they have said this to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
those modules are happy to dim most dimmable lamps...
Aurora AU-DSP400X LED Dimmer Module 2 Way 60-400VA. Replacement Dimmer Module | eBay

but on a recent job customer bought some bc fitting led bulbs from b and q , and they refused to dim on aurora dimmer but were perfectly happy on a standard rotary varilight units he had in other rooms. swapped them around job done.

Fitted those on job with the new style robus rat fitting and they do flicker about 3/4 way down. Tried adjusting pot but no use. Worked fine on previous model

Reply to Confused over LED Lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net