Discuss Connect 25 AA batteries in parallel and series in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Malooq Omar Tariq

Hello,

I have 25 batteries that are AA using 1.5 volts each, that is total = 37. 5 volts for 25 batteries. I want to know please the right way to wire all the batteries together to make a parallel and series battery pack. Please tell how to wire each battery together to connect all 25 AA batteries to make a parallel and series battery pack?

Thanks for your time and effort. Enjoy your day and have a good week. All the best for your successful future.

What is your target voltage output you want from this pack??

Hello,

I just want to find out how to wire each battery together to connect all 25 batteries together in series and parallel. I want to test the total voltage when connecting AA batteries in series that are 1.5 volts is 37 volts using 100 light emitting diodes that are 5 volts each, that is 500 volts. Also, the total voltage when connecting AA batteries in parallel is 1.5 volts. I want to test how long the batteries can power 100 light emitting diodes and the total amp hours for 25 AA batteries is 55 amp hours. Link to battery test for amp hours here - Discharge tests of Alkaline AA batteries - http://www.powerstream.com/AA-tests.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Connect so many batteries together in series is not a good idea

You seem to be resurrecting in earnest the term accumulator
As asked previously what voltage are you seeking

you wire them in parellel, you'll get 1.5V, you wire them in series you'll get 37.5V

Hello,

Thanks for checking that my workings out for parallel, that is 1.5 volts for 25 AA batteries, 2.20amp hours times 25 AA batteries is 55 amp hours and is correct. Thanks for checking that my working out for series, that is 1.5 volts times 25 AA batteries is 37.5 volts in total is right.

Connect so many batteries together in series is not a good idea

You seem to be resurrecting in earnest the term accumulator
As asked previously what voltage are you seeking

I do not want to have a specific voltage number to get from 25 AA batteries. I am using 25 AA batteries because the amount of electric, 37.5 volts is safer to work with than 220 volts that you have when using a power socket. All I want to do is from 25 AA batteries when connecting in series, that is 1.5 volts times 25 AA batteries = 37.5 volts.

25 AA batteries to power seven light emitting diodes out of 100 light emitting diodes
I am going to use 25 AA batteries to try to power as many light emitting diodes as 25 AA batteries able to. 25 AA batteries in series is 37. 5 volts. 25 AA batteries in series is 37.5 volts divide by 5 volts means 25 AA batteries are able to power 7 light emitting diodes out of 100 light emitting diodes. Each light emitting diode uses 5 volts, 5 volts times 100 light emitting diodes is 500 volts. When connecting in parallel, 1.5 volts is from 25 AA batteries, times 2.20 amp hours for 25 AA batteries and total amp hours is 55 amp hours.

Four 9 volt batteries able to light up seven light emitting diodes
I have four 9 volt batteries that is total of 36 volts. 36 volts divide by 5 is 7.2. 36 volts from four 9 volt batteries is able to power seven light emitting diodes. I want to be able to link up four 9 volt batteries in series and the 25 AA batteries in series, that is 73.5 volts.73.5 volts divide by 5 is able to power fourteen light emitting diodes. How do you link up four 9 volt batteries with 25 AA 1.5 volt batteries both in series?

Thanks for all your help. Have a nice day with your loving family and enjoy your week with your loving family and friends.

Its a lot easier to use a transformer.Safe working voltage and huge savings on 25 batteries.Connecting 25 aa batteries is not cost effective.

Its a lot easier to use a transformer.Safe working voltage and huge savings on 25 batteries.Connecting 25 aa batteries is not cost effective.

Hello,

This just a little project, I do not want to use electric from mains such as 220 volts. It is a lot safer and easier to work with 73.5 volts when connecting 25 AA batteries in series and four 9 volt batteries in series together. Can anyone show how to connect 25 AA batteries in series and four 9 volt batteries in series together?

Thanks for all effort and time to help. Have a nice, happy day.

What are you trying make Malooq? Are you just experimenting with LEDs or are you trying to light something specific?

What are you trying make Malooq? Are you just experimenting with LEDs or are you trying to light something specific?

I have got to make using a solder iron lots of tiny holes that allow the light emitting diodes to stand on a sheet I cut out from a plastic box. Then, I glue all one hundred light emitting diodes onto the surface. Now, I am trying to power as many as I am able to with batteries. Can you show the way to wire and connect 25 aa batteries in series and four 9 volt batteries in series together?

Thanks for all your help. Enjoy your day and week. Have a good future.

you will never power 100 leds wired in series from this battery arrangement as the voltage is not high enough.
What you should consider is wiring the 100 leds in a series parrallel arrangement
to suit what ever voltage you decide to use, up to the maximum available of 37.5v.
What color leds are they ?
this will tell us the voltage !

you will never power 100 leds wired in series from this battery arrangement as the voltage is not high enough.
What you should consider is wiring the 100 leds in a series parrallel arrangement
to suit what ever voltage you decide to use, up to the maximum available of 37.5v.
What color leds are they ?
this will tell us the voltage !

Hello,

The 100 light emitting diodes are white and have 5 volts for one light emitting diode making 100 light emitting diodes a total of 500 volts. How do you put the 100 light emitting diodes in series or parallel?

Thanks for all your help. Enjoy your happy days and weeks.

Working out resistor for 100 white light emitting diodes
5 volt white light emitting diode with 60 milliamp. 5 volt light emitting diode times 100 light emitting diodes is 500 volts. 100 light emitting diodes times 60 milliamps is 6,000 milliamps hours. Ampere equation is Ah = mAh /1000. To find out Ampere hours, 6,000 milliamp hours divide by 1,000 is 6 ampere.

Ohms law is V for voltage, I for current in amps and R for resistance in ohms. I use the Ohms law equation that is V = I . R.

Work out voltage, equation is V = I times R
V is volts, I is for ampere, 6 ampere times 84 ohms = 504 volts.

Work out current in ampere, equation is I = V divide by R
I is current in ampere, 504 volts divide by 84 ohms = 6 ampere.

Work out resistance, equation is R = V divide by I
R is resistance, volts 504 divide by 6 ampere = 84 ohms

Work out power, equation is P = V times I
P is for power, Volts is 504 times 6 ampere is 3,024 watts

Please check that all calculations are right? Please tell way to buy the right resistor, that is 84 ohm resistor that handles 504 volts for 100 light emitting diodes?

Thanks for all your help. Have a good week with your loving family and friends.

To find out 6 ampere into milliamps, one ampere is equal to 1,00 milliamp, equation is mAh = Ah times 1000. 6 ampere to milliamps is 6 ampere times 1000 = 6,000 milliampere hours.

To work out energy, power = Energy divide by time. One watt is one joules. 3024 watts to joules is 3024 joules. Power = 3024 joules divide by 24 hours. 60 seconds in minute. 60 minutes is one hour times 60 seconds = 3,600 seconds. 24 hours is 60 minutes times 1,440 minutes. 1,440 minutes for 24 hours times 60 is 86,400 seconds. Power = 3024 joules divide by 86,400 seconds = 0.035 watts.

Power of one light emitting diode is 5 volts and 60 milliamp in watts. Ampere equation is Ah = mAh /1000.. 60 milliamp / 1000 = 0.06 milliamp. Power is I current in ampere and Voltage. Voltage 5 times 0.06 ampere = 0.30 watts for one light emitting diode. To work out current for fuse, current = power in watts divide by voltage. Power in watts is 3024 divide by 500 volts is 6.048, thus need to have 13 amp fuse.

To work out cost to run 100 light emitting diodes, you divide watts by 1000 to get kilowatt hour. 3024 watts total for one hundred light emitting diodes divide by 1,000 is 3.024. 24 hours is 86,400 seconds. Turn the 86,400 seconds into hours you divide by 3,600, that is seconds in one hour, total is 24 hours,

To work out cost for electric, you use power in kilowatt, 3.024 times time in hours, 24 x cost of one kilowatt, 11.871 from Gas & electricity prices per kWh - UKPower.co.uk - https://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/tariffs-per-unit-kwh = 861.549696 in pence. 861.549696 into pounds is 861.549696 / 100 pence in one pound = ÂŁ8.61 pence.

Not wishing to sound rude, but I'm struggling to understand what is it you are trying to achieve.
Are you building a 100 LED light board and seeing if it's cheaper to run of batteries or stepped down mains?
Or are you looking to find the cheapest way to light your property?

Reply to Connect 25 AA batteries in parallel and series in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock