Discuss Connecting Consumer Units. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Good day my friend...you have to change your consumer unit?
I can do it for you, and very cheap too:)

Just practising for my next sojourn to Spain in April...
can't wait, this weather here is doing my head in.

Good day my friend...you have to change your consumer unit?
I can do it for you, and very cheap too:)

Just practising for my next sojourn to Spain in April...
can't wait, this weather here is doing my head in.
You're after a free working holiday ain't you? :tongue::tongue:

Si Pedro, tienes razon como de costumbre...
(Yes, Pete, you are right as usual)
LOL!

Well I'd hoped this was a helpful forum but instead I see you're just the usual bunch of internet trolls. Well done, anyone can be brave when they hide behind a keyboard.
I'll be going ahead with the job anyway, you could have helped and maybe given me some pointers from your obviously vast array of knowledge but no, you had to be smart arses so I'll just do what I usually do and work it out for myself. I haven't blown anything up yet so maybe it'll go okay, maybe not, either way I know you couldn't give a ----.
Cheers...

It appears dal is rating us all dumb because we don't have a clue and he does... or is it the other way around
Just a dumb rating for a dumb answer. The couple that at least tried to be a bit helpful were rated accordingly.

Well I'd hoped this was a helpful forum but instead I see you're just the usual bunch of internet trolls. Well done, anyone can be brave when they hide behind a keyboard.
I'll be going ahead with the job anyway, you could have helped and maybe given me some pointers from your obviously vast array of knowledge but no, you had to be smart arses so I'll just do what I usually do and work it out for myself. I haven't blown anything up yet so maybe it'll go okay, maybe not, either way I know you couldn't give a ****.
Cheers...

Please read posts #8 & #9.. You got your answer back then mate.

I know and thank you, I really appreciate your help.

Let us know how you get on.. I'm curious as to what cable (e.g. SWA) is best, according to the Spanish regs and if a switches isolator is required.

It appears dal is rating us all dumb because we don't have a clue and he does... or is it the other way around
Was thinking about an apt response to Dal's obvious "I know what I'm doing , they don't post" but thought "don't add fuel to the fire" but you nailed it right on.
People think Electrics are easy, whereas we all know it's not as black and white as Mr and Mrs Public think it is. Dal obviously thinks he knows best and was coming to us for advice he didn't expect, well Dal that's how it is, you have peeded off so many Forum members with your holier than thou attitude and got what you deserved, so go on report me, dumb me, I don't give one.

Let us know how you get on.. I'm curious as to what cable (e.g. SWA) is best, according to the Spanish regs and if a switches isolator is required.
I will, the distance from the meter array for all the apartments to my CU is further than the distance from the lower CU to the upper CU so I'm going to ask at the local suppliers if the same cable will be suitable, I'll ask about the isolator but plan to put one in anyway just not sure whether to position it downstairs (preferable so I can cut off upstairs easily) or whether it has to be adjacent to the upper CU.

I'll let you know! Cheers!

Was thinking about an apt response to Dal's obvious "I know what I'm doing , they don't post" but thought "don't add fuel to the fire" but you nailed it right on.
People think Electrics are easy, whereas we all know it's not as black and white as Mr and Mrs Public think it is. Dal obviously thinks he knows best and was coming to us for advice he didn't expect, well Dal that's how it is, you have peeded off so many Forum members with your holier than thou attitude and got what you deserved, so go on report me, dumb me, I don't give one.
I'm not reporting anyone, I don't care enough about your posts to take the time. As for "holier than thou attitude", well I think you have that arse about face.

Well it’s not rocket science is it?
Or is it?

Estupido!
Oh well, I've been called worse...and frankly I thought you got some good advice Dal. There is no reason to call us trolls hiding behind a keyboard. I suggested you get an electrician in because I actually do have some experience of Spanish electrics and their often weird ways...that doesn't make me dumb, it makes me concerned/friendly/helpful as are the others you have dumbed...maybe the humour just didn't get through to you.
I hope you achieve your aim with ease, and your connections work well and safely.

In the UK, if the tails are longer than 3 meters then a fused isolator has to be fitted, close to the meter..

In the UK, if the tails are longer than 3 meters then a fused isolator has to be fitted, close to the meter..
Yes there are isolators directly above the meters (RCCB/RCD?), there are supplier's fuses before the meters (screw in ceramic types). In Spain the isolators must be accessible from outside the dwelling in all cases I believe.

Last edited:

Reply to Connecting Consumer Units. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock