Discuss Conned by online training provider in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lloyd1980

got conned by an online training company which i wasnt too happy about. I wanted to avoid membership schemes and inform building control myself, and had heard through 'the grapevine' like you do, that if you did a part p course then with the part p registration number you could inform LABC yourself and save the cost of them inspecting...GREAT I thought!!!!
so not wasting time I contacted a training provider and told the sales man on the phone, im setting up as self employed and want to do a part p course so I can inform LABC myself do you do the part p course?
What qulaifications do you have? he asks, told him fully qualified, JIB, 2330 level 3, nvq level 3 , 17th edition and 2391
oh thats great he said you only need the short course due to qualifications/
SMASHING I said and asked so this means i can sign anything off domesticly?
Yes absolutly anything, now thats 267 quid please and the course is done on line.
I pay the money and take the online course ( studied bloody hard too ) booked the assesor to examin me at my house so he arrives with his laptop at 6.45am (im thinking at this point these people are amazing coming out so early!!!)
I did the exam which id spent weeks preparing for, 20 questions, usual city and G format.
he asks me if im finished? told him think so. he then vets all my answers before submitting them, correcting a couple so i got the full mark!!!!!!!!!!
what a pile of rubbish! so no need to even look at a book to pass this!!!!!
put the shock of this to oneside and looked forward to certificate and reg number arriving!
nice shiny city and guilds level 3 building regulations certificate arrives, i call them and ask where my registration number is?, oh just contact the NIC for it!!!!!
I told him the only reason for me paying for this course was to sign everything off myself , he said this course is just like doing your theory test before doing your driving test and the nic require it for you to join them!!!
I was pretty ****ed off as you can imagine as they wouldnt refund me the money id paid. so I called NICEIC, ive now had to pay 450 quid to register as a domestic installer and all they wanted off me was that id done the 17th edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
needless to say I have warned everyone about this training company they are called ADS training consultants - google them!
so could have saved nearly 300 quid! although my cert does look nice and shiny in its frame - not worth 300 tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEWARE THE CONMEN!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Conned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
Conned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net Conned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.netConned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.netConned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.netConned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
Conned by online training provider {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry to hear your news why not ring your local trading standards and see what they have to say about it. They may take them to court and if so you can claim the fee you paid back.

Chris

to be honest ive got that much im trying to do at the min with the advertising, setting up and working that I dont know my a s s from my elbow and i cant be borthered with the hassle, just thought it was a total cheek what they did

Reply to Conned by online training provider in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock