Discuss Conservatory Price Per Point!! HELP!? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Snapester

Hi Guys, just landed a contract with a company doing conservatories who are asking price per point, i have done a few but i cant see it working out beneficial working on a price per point of £75 per socket if it requires two trips 1 & 2 fix after plastering?
Can anyone help on pricing this as im a little out of touch working with these kind of pricing schemes.

Cheers

I cant see price per point working as you may need to upgrade bonding install RCDs etc.

Well usually just two socket which i can get on the ring, and lighting point and switch. I have done one job which took 3hrs which was one hit, but some others i have done are on first fix and then go back when its been plasterd etc?
But i have just done one which was a nightmare and working on prices of £75 per socket just dont work out well when you have to go back again ya know. Just was after some ideas? Thanks

If an RCD is needed or bonding is not adequate or the installation is unsafe then customer will be notified of additional work required.

you cant price without seeing, £75 per skt seems reasonable, limit your travel time and and be up front about extras where needed - try and find out what the cons. company are charging

martin

Well they are after a price per point for pricing, so im wondering if anyone on here has any ideas on price per point in conservatories, i have seen some guys charging £100 per socket but i cant figure out the best pricing scheme!

If it were me and I thought I was gonna be there 2 half day trips I'd want at least £250 after material outlay. Problem is with ppp on small jobs is when you say yeah £75 each and you think sweet 4 points 300 notes then they decide to just have 1 socket and you still got 2 trips.

I am assuming the company just wants some way of giving the customer a cost without having to ask you to quote first? If you up your per socket cost to cover 2 trips etc then you are likely to get the customer going for the minimum number of sockets to save cost which is not what you really want.

If you have to give a figure without seeing the jobs I would be thinking more along the lines of breaking the costs down....
- cost per fix/trip
- cost per socket
- extra's

You can maybe sell this on the fact that customers can get a better deal on more sockets if the cost per socket is lower but with fixed "overheads". You might also find that the customer then goes for a few more sockets so overall you will get more out of it. win-win.

I am assuming the company just wants some way of giving the customer a cost without having to ask you to quote first? If you up your per socket cost to cover 2 trips etc then you are likely to get the customer going for the minimum number of sockets to save cost which is not what you really want.

If you have to give a figure without seeing the jobs I would be thinking more along the lines of breaking the costs down....
- cost per fix/trip
- cost per socket
- extra's

You can maybe sell this on the fact that customers can get a better deal on more sockets if the cost per socket is lower but with fixed "overheads". You might also find that the customer then goes for a few more sockets so overall you will get more out of it. win-win.

:yes:This what I would do, best way of covering costs and promoting extra work!
Regards.

Reply to Conservatory Price Per Point!! HELP!? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock