Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Conservatory Price Per Point!! HELP!? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Snapester

Snapester CCTV / Alarms

Hi Guys, just landed a contract with a company doing conservatories who are asking price per point, i have done a few but i cant see it working out beneficial working on a price per point of £75 per socket if it requires two trips 1 & 2 fix after plastering?
    Can anyone help on pricing this as im a little out of touch working with these kind of pricing schemes.

Cheers

2. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

whats the spec?

3. Plonker 3

Plonker 3 Guest

I cant see price per point working as you may need to upgrade bonding install RCDs etc.

4. Snapester

Snapester CCTV / Alarms

Well usually just two socket which i can get on the ring, and lighting point and switch. I have done one job which took 3hrs which was one hit, but some others i have done are on first fix and then go back when its been plasterd etc?
    But i have just done one which was a nightmare and working on prices of £75 per socket just dont work out well when you have to go back again ya know. Just was after some ideas? Thanks

5. Snapester

Snapester CCTV / Alarms

If an RCD is needed or bonding is not adequate or the installation is unsafe then customer will be notified of additional work required.

6. cook1e

cook1e Regular EF Member

you cant price without seeing, £75 per skt seems reasonable, limit your travel time and and be up front about extras where needed - try and find out what the cons. company are charging

martin

7. Snapester

Snapester CCTV / Alarms

Well they are after a price per point for pricing, so im wondering if anyone on here has any ideas on price per point in conservatories, i have seen some guys charging £100 per socket but i cant figure out the best pricing scheme!

8. Dave 85

Dave 85 Guest

If it were me and I thought I was gonna be there 2 half day trips I'd want at least £250 after material outlay. Problem is with ppp on small jobs is when you say yeah £75 each and you think sweet 4 points 300 notes then they decide to just have 1 socket and you still got 2 trips.

9. brman

brman Guest

I am assuming the company just wants some way of giving the customer a cost without having to ask you to quote first? If you up your per socket cost to cover 2 trips etc then you are likely to get the customer going for the minimum number of sockets to save cost which is not what you really want.

If you have to give a figure without seeing the jobs I would be thinking more along the lines of breaking the costs down....
    - cost per fix/trip
    - cost per socket
    - extra's

You can maybe sell this on the fact that customers can get a better deal on more sockets if the cost per socket is lower but with fixed "overheads". You might also find that the customer then goes for a few more sockets so overall you will get more out of it. win-win.

10. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    :yes:This what I would do, best way of covering costs and promoting extra work!
    Regards.