Discuss Consumer unit labelling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

golfpaul

What labelling needs to be on a new CU?

Ive got the RCD/date of inspection/circuit info labels, I know i need a label for different coloured conductors.

Do I need a label on the MET? Also, the supply is through a DP isolator, does that need a label?

Ive got an Elecsa assessment shortly so needs to be right :crazy:

Thanks.

Installation test results, I would imagine the DP isolator belongs to the DNO or di you install it?

Yeah i installed the isolator.
Does the met need anything?
Test results - on the actual cb?

Thanks Andy, ill check out 514.

Test results on the cb? sorry not with you on this mate, What I meant was a copy of the certificate with the results on it for reference if anyone else does any work in the future, not sure if this is a requirement but it can;t do any harm.

Relevant ones may be:
RCD testing
Periodic inspection
Mixed colours as you said
Circuits must be identified
I think there is some case for have a schedule of circuits with the CU but not required by regs, just that a schedule is available.
All (external to enclosures) Main earths and main bonding connections should have safety electrical connection do not remove label
If you have a dual supply then you would need to label for that
The main isolator could be usefully labelled main isolator / switch (it is a circuit after all).

Just make sure they are in sensible places and remember that they do not need to fixed to the CU they can be adjacent to it.

The mixed colour wiring sticker annoys me. If you don't know what colour means what on both the new and old colours then you have no business poking around in there.

Totally agree Trev.

Ok - Main earth and main isolator, ill sticker them up too - cheers.

The mixed colour wiring sticker annoys me. If you don't know what colour means what on both the new and old colours then you have no business poking around in there.

Gan canny with them son .. they canit help not being as clivvor as us Geordies.

Sum o' them need Sat Nav t' find theor way t' the netty man!

Relevant ones may be:
RCD testing
Periodic inspection
Mixed colours as you said
Circuits must be identified
I think there is some case for have a schedule of circuits with the CU but not required by regs, just that a schedule is available.
All (external to enclosures) Main earths and main bonding connections should have safety electrical connection do not remove label
If you have a dual supply then you would need to label for that
The main isolator could be usefully labelled main isolator / switch (it is a circuit after all).

Just make sure they are in sensible places and remember that they do not need to fixed to the CU they can be adjacent to it.

Aye, 514.9.1 details the info required to be provided.
If you are using model forms for certification not all this information is included on them, and so a separate DB schedule needs to made up to be left with the board.
Most third party duplicate forms include all the necessary info on the schedule of test results so this suffices as a provision of all the required information.

and don't forget the sticker with your name and phone number for future work.

that's to make sure it's not been fitted by an aussie or, worse, a plumber.

Whilst I don't disagree there is more scope for confusion in a three-phase installation given that what was a phase conductor is now the neutral conductor and what was the neutral conductor is now a phase conductor (or line conductor to ensure that my terminology complies with the 17th Edition!).

what are these new colours? are they changed from red/yellow/blue/black?

Reply to Consumer unit labelling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock