Discuss Contactum RCBO won't trip during test in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Smugley

Hi again, just considering whether I'm going crazy or I've got a duff RCBO. Perhaps someone will help me see the light either way. Quite prepared for the former!

Installed it yesterday and when I got to doing the certificate I couldn't get it to trip. It's one of the ones with no earth wire. Took it home to test at my place and same.

L&N IN connected correctly, but whether I do a 0.5xI, 1xI, 5xI or ramp test, it doesn't trip at all (Megger 1552).

This behaviour whether load connected or not. Also noted that voltage at the input terminals is 236V and at the output terminals is 228V. Test button works as expected.

Just want to know I'm not doing something stupid before taking it back for a replacement.
Cheers

Fails ramp test but works on test button , Sounds like a bit of duff kit to me , take it back and also worth a call to their tech guy's

Thanks guys, won't section myself just yet! I think the VD of 8v from input to output in a bit of a worry too..

edit: Bugger. Seems like it's my Megger at fault. Tried it on an RCD and it didn't trip that either. Pain in the usual place.

Last edited by a moderator:
my megger was a bit funny with a Contactum rcd recently. It only seemed to be that and one other make though. Sent it back and they sorted it very quickly

Reply to Contactum RCBO won't trip during test in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Doing one more of the flood of EICR today on a rented property before a tenant change, but ran into a slightly interesting case so would...
Replies
Views
We had a PV/battery system was fitted in late May, and measurements showed it was working very well, but then a few weeks ago the old meter...
Replies
Views
Please help, I'm still new to testing for myself and sometimes I wonder if my new Megger is being naughty on purpose as my Fluke wasn't as prone...
Replies
Views
Sorry this is a long one! I have been carrying out testing and Inspecting for about 10 years now, but haven't come across what I found at my Mum...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock