Discuss Continuity of ring final circuit..... can somebody help please !!!! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Im currently studying electrical and im up to dead tests.

ive reached continuity of ring final circuit on my scenario cd , in therory i understand the procedure and what to do but im a little un sure on finding the mid point on the sockets .

please can sombody go threw it step by step in detail

thanks

Do R1+R2, the socket with the highest reading should be the mid point if it's part of the ring, spurs will be higher so don't take that as the mid point.
Hope this helps.
Paul.

why the interest in finding midpoint? the rfc test is designed to prove integrity of the al of the rfc conductors and in doing so the values of R1 + R2 are found along with dead polarity when tested at the front of socket outlets on Step 3
Step 1 open loops end to end

Step 2 interconnection of opposite leg lives, sum of open loop r1 + rn over 4 at s/o, readings to be substantially the same any spurs will be higher

Step 3 interconnection of opposite leg line and cpc, sum of open loop r1 + r2 over4 at s/o readings to be substantially the same any spurs will be higher, highest reading is recorded as R1+R2

and as it you go round not withstanding any loose connections or spurs you will find your midpoint

If you really wanted to find the mid point, you would connect a wander lead to one of the conductors of just one leg of the ring, then go to each socket-outlet in turn and measure continuity.
If there are 10 socket-outlets, the mid point will be somewhere between the fifth and sixth highest readings.

Im currently studying electrical and im up to dead tests.

ive reached continuity of ring final circuit on my scenario cd , in therory i understand the procedure and what to do but im a little un sure on finding the mid point on the sockets .

please can sombody go threw it step by step in detail

thanks

Step by step detail, and fully illustrated, the definitive answer to your post lies within IET Guidance Note 3. Invest £30, and it will serve you well. it would take me an age to write down the full procedure, but if you get the book, then you will always have it to refer to.

Cheers.............Howard

Reply to Continuity of ring final circuit..... can somebody help please !!!! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net