Discuss Continuity RFC error??Help please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

can't see how anyone could test that mess and complete a certificate. needs stripping down and starting again from scratch.
I tried to say the same Tel but you put it much better than my spiel, hence the deleted post.

That's the trouble with short courses Antony, which course were you taking?
That's the trouble with short courses Antony, which course were you taking?
Hi it was a four week bronze domestic installer course from Trade skills for you C&G 4141 Domestic Installation Workshop, 2393 - Part P Domestic Installers Course, 2392 - Inspection and Testing - Initial Verification & 2382-15 17th Edition Course. I did find it very brief & it is in such a small time frame. I did spend 3 hours on an evening digesting what I learnt that day but I did pass all the exams.

Can we see the certificate issued to you for that work? Talking you through that mess and telling you how to proceed it would take longer than the course you did. I am sorry to say you seem woefully unprepared for such work, there have been so many people on here who have paid a lot of money to end up the same position. Maybe it is lucky you tried on your own house first, you would have been in a right pickle in a customers house. So who are you registered with on the CPS schemes?

Can we see the certificate issued to you for that work? Talking you through that mess and telling you how to proceed it would take longer than the course you did. I am sorry to say you seem woefully unprepared for such work, there have been so many people on here who have paid a lot of money to end up the same position. Maybe it is lucky you tried on your own house first, you would have been in a right pickle in a customers house. So who are you registered with on the CPS schemes?
I agree Mate, whilst I feel sympathy with the OP, makes you wonder what the trainers would feel like if they read some of the posts, not just on this forum but many others, I suppose they aren't worried, they have their money and that about all they are interested in, a sad state of affairs really.

I don't intend to become a spark as means of income. I certainly don't feel confident enough to work on other peoples properties but I do have several properties myself that will require wiring at some point. I think I will get a job with the local council for some experience in the meantime.

I agree Mate, whilst I feel sympathy with the OP, makes you wonder what the trainers would feel like if they read some of the posts, not just on this forum but many others, I suppose they aren't worried, they have their money and that about all they are interested in, a sad state of affairs really.

You have hit the nail on the head there mate... It's just about money.

OP: This forum is great for info. Like what books to get or what persons vids to watch...

Can we see the certificate issued to you for that work? Talking you through that mess and telling you how to proceed it would take longer than the course you did. I am sorry to say you seem woefully unprepared for such work, there have been so many people on here who have paid a lot of money to end up the same position. Maybe it is lucky you tried on your own house first, you would have been in a right pickle in a customers house. So who are you registered with on the CPS. While
Whilst I am confident in my testing procedure of the RFC I have 0 experience in the field as I have only had experience on working circuits during my training course. I was just hoping to get some help & pointers by joining this forum. While I may have been swindled out of thousands of pounds i do have a general understanding of domestic instalations as I passed the course and I am able to self certify work so I will be continuing in my quest with or

While I may have been swindled out of thousands of pounds i do have a general understanding of domestic instalations as I passed the course and I am able to self certify work so I will be continuing in my quest with or
Please don't misunderstand me, I am not discouraging you or criticising your knowledge or standing. Please use the forum, you will get invaluable help even if just doing your own properties. It is just getting that experience under your belt that will help you feel more confident. While I understand you can test a ring circuit I feel that courses in general don't go into what one should do when the figures are awry, and what do they mean. That is the difficult bit after all. In fact if you sit down and take time and think about it, you will be able to work out what is going wrong, and that is quite a buzz when you are successful. Be assured I was not having a go at you or your efforts on the contrary I applaud them.

If you want to use a trailing lead to test the R2 of the lounge and cellar sockets,connect one end of the trailing lead to the main earth terminal (met) in the consumer unit,the other end onto your meter probe
Using the other probe of your meter take a reading at the sockets earth terminal

You need beforehand to either measure the resistance of the trailing lead so that it can be deducted from your result,or you can null the meter by testing the end of the trailing lead to the met prior to testing the circuits

I agree with others and suspect these circuits are radials,given the 20 amp mcb ratings
Do a earth loop test and check if the reading at the sockets are within the specified maximum for the 20 amp mcb

Reply to Continuity RFC error??Help please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net