Discuss Continuous problems with Amtech Fast Test on a server based network in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buzz Bar

Dear fellow certification software users,

We have two laptops that we use on site for Amtech Fast Test. We also have a server in the office that holds the database of certificates, so when the laptops are connected to the office network they are meant to automatically sync with the server etc. Although it has worked on occasion I find myself spending way more time than I would like, firstly trying to get through to the support helpline (which recently has been very difficult) and secondly waiting on someone phoning back after both leaving a message and having requested a call back on the support contact form on the Amtech website. And when I have managed to get through, spending an extended amount of time awaiting while someone tries to remotely fix what seems to been endless issues.

When I did manage to get through to the helpline very recently, the rep logged onto my laptop remotely and managed to make my login details disappear, meaning I could not log on to Fast Test, and when I explained this to another rep first thing the next morning (the morning of my NICEIC annual assessment) I was bluntly told that it was not their fault. ERRRRGH!

Am I the only electrical company having issues with Amtech Fast Test and their support team?
I often think of changing software provider but have a large database of Amtech certificates and installations built up over a number of years.

Can anyone recommend alternative certification software that will work having a central database on a server?
I have pretty much had enough of dealing with this farce of a company and the recent awful service they have provided.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tysoft easy cert can be used this way although it does run slower than when used as stand alone .but that may be our netork .you have to buy a licence for each computer and of course the problem with changing from amtech is accessing your old certs unless you can pdf them all which you can do with easy cert

I only use Amtech that's what is supplied to me by the office. We Export the reports to the office by e-mail, they import it - then master it.
We don't get any issues doing it this way.

Dear fellow certification software users,

We have two laptops that we use on site for Amtech Fast Test. We also have a server in the office that holds the database of certificates, so when the laptops are connected to the office network they are meant to automatically sync with the server etc. Although it has worked on occasion I find myself spending way more time than I would like, firstly trying to get through to the support helpline (which recently has been very difficult) and secondly waiting on someone phoning back after both leaving a message and having requested a call back on the support contact form on the Amtech website. And when I have managed to get through, spending an extended amount of time awaiting while someone tries to remotely fix what seems to been endless issues.

When I did manage to get through to the helpline very recently, the rep logged onto my laptop remotely and managed to make my login details disappear, meaning I could not log on to Fast Test, and when I explained this to another rep first thing the next morning (the morning of my NICEIC annual assessment) I was bluntly told that it was not their fault. ERRRRGH!

Am I the only electrical company having issues with Amtech Fast Test and their support team?
I often think of changing software provider but have a large database of Amtech certificates and installations built up over a number of years.

Can anyone recommend alternative certification software that will work having a central database on a server?
I have pretty much had enough of dealing with this farce of a company and the recent awful service they have provided.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
a simple better way to store the certs is.

use dropbox and say google drive on all the laptops so that they are all synced across all the devices automatically when they connect to the internet.

i wouldn't use a personel server unless you make regular backups of the lot

Dumped amtech last month because of exactly this and the attitude I got when I needed help. Won't miss them. Gonna try someone else. Any recommendations?

Reply to Continuous problems with Amtech Fast Test on a server based network in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net