Discuss Control circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

robbalaar86

hi lads

Can anyone recommend any control circuit books?

When i did my apprenticeship we touched on it but not to the extent it should have been in my work. Hopefully not going to get shot down for asking this as im only interested in educating myself on control circuits, as it is not something i have a shed load of experience in. I know i can look on google but was just wondering if you lads know of any good books.

Cheers in advance for your answers

I've always found Scaddan's books to be useful or Linsley for the run of the mill stuff (though depends how indepth you're talking) - guessing there is plenty of good sources online.

Its a big ask really as the nature of control circuits can vary depending on what they control but if you can get a copy of the BS60204-1 the actual base general regulations for machine controls ...the full set of regulations past this general requirements go a lot deeper and is more specific to specific types of machinery and/or controls.

I doubt very much that the type of controls and circuits i was brought up on (and enjoyed) have disappeared and been long since superseded. I'm just imagining a particular panel that i regularly had to fault find on. It was about 10m long by about 2m high and chocker block Full of every type of relay/contactor/timer you could think of. It's control drawing was on a full size 00 roll with around 20/30 sheets!! At least the drawings were basically sequential, and you weren't flicking A2/B3 sheets backwards and forwards in order to trace a line out, as you're expected to do now!!

And not a single bit of electronic trickery anywhere to be seen!!

dont be scared by a panel size, its just lots of circuits in one big enclosure, break it down in to single circuits and its not as daunting.

thanks for the input guys.

I dont get on here loads and have only just seen your replies.

I am getting my head around circuits a lot more, just trying to get myself a little more educated as it just isn't part of the apprenticeship anymore, which i find personally is a shame as im really enjoying learning this side of things.

appreciate any advice and info you guys have.

Reply to Control circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock