Discuss Control System Wiring in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, I'm looking for advice on how to better myself and my understanding of different control systems like start stop circuits. I have an average understanding of them but if I was asked to wire one from scratch I would struggle.

Are there any books or good videos or even courses I can check out to learn more about it? I know it may sound stupid and to be honest I hate that I'm writing this but it's an area of installation I really cannot fully get my head around!

I've only ever done house bashing and wiring heating systems and alarm systems has been the most technical I've been involved with and looking to make the switch to an industrial factory job so any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Look up what you want on YouTube. There are usually some good vid on there.
DOL starter. Star/Delta starters, for motors
Latching circuits.

I was selling a few books, before I moved to the US, they're gone now but the thread will still be there with ISBN numbers.

The small Engineering Handbooks used to be quite good with all types of wiring control circuits etc

Think the motor manufacturer product catalogues also had a section at the back with similar info, may be worth a look.

There is a good pdf online
"Trade of Electrician Motor control course"

Any Irish Sparks will recognise it

Which I'm sure you'll find helpful with good explanations of basic controls and components

Reply to Control System Wiring in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock