Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

convector heaters

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by r&s, Feb 23, 2012.

Discuss convector heaters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. r&s

r&s Guest

Hi all,
    I have been asked to fit 3 convector heaters in a flat (2x2kw+1x 3kw) the owner was told by other spark they would just have to change plugs for FCU but i have said they need new circuits because all plugs are on one 32a, i would to know what you all think

thanks

2. IL1970

IL1970 Guest

are the sockets on a correctly wired ring main? and how many sockets are we talking about?

3. r&s

r&s Guest

yes it is a ring and 13 sockets

4. GT1

GT1 Guest

Then you will have to work out the total load for the circuit and determine whether the existing supply, protection and cable are up to the job...!!

I would start with the demand from the heaters, apply any applicable diversity and see what figure comes out...