Discuss Converting A Fridge Freezer. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

AsHoBo

Hi all

I'm looking to convert the freezer in a fridge freezer into a fermenting chamber for my home brewing, I have got a separate thermostat (link below) and want to run a 100w bulb off of the hot output to heat the chamber and then run the cold feed to the freezer. The chamber will probably need to be around 25oc most of the time but the fermenting itself is an exothermic reaction so the bulb should have very little work to do.
But...
I want to have the fridge running separately so I can chill my lovely home brewed beers.
It is not a duel compressor so I know I'll have to somehow disable the vent through from the freezer (as it may be warm down there) but the fan will bring the temp down enough for me.
Is what I'm thinking possible?

Any help would be amazing, I'm looking at making a kegerator and fermentor if anyone wants to google the plan. cheers all

New 12V Digital LCD Thermostat Temperature Regulator Controller Aquarium Fish | eBay

Reply to Converting A Fridge Freezer. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock