Discuss Converting Double socket to a spur socket, how? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A bit of a dilema guys, I have a customer who has fitted a sink directly in front of a dual socket,... well the drainer is, and within 300mm of the bowl edge. This is now used to feed a wall hung instant water boiler (kettle thingy) so I need to keep the supply there.... BUT ....
The splash back is a finished surface, granite actually, so digging out the dual box, sinking in a single for a spur socket and repairing the decor is out of the question.
Im trying to find something like a double plate, 3 gang grid switch with fuse carrier, 20amp switch and flex outlet ..... any ideas? Any other suggestions.

MK grid plus range have what you need, though I wouldnt be happy leaving it so close to the sink. You will need a 3 module faceplate and grid, then get individual switch, fuse carrier and blank. Dont have the catalogue to hand for the part numbers but you can find them on the MK Electric web site.

Reply to Converting Double socket to a spur socket, how? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
Just need a little confidence booster regarding pricing. Anyone give a ballpark figure on the following works. Done me pricing but not given the...
Replies
Views
BluSparx
B

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock