Discuss convincing customer to have a rewire in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

stv292

-
Reaction score
hi

custumer has certain lights and sockets not working, cast iron fuse boxes, no main earthing conductor, all earths twisted and connected to cast iron fuse boxes, live wires sticking out of junction boxes. and i was only there for half an hour. tried to explain the advantages of rcd's and the importance of correct earthing. gave him a really cheap quote for surface mounted and he refused. said it's been ok for last 50years

typical customer mentality if it works then theres nothing wrong with it, ive been inn that situation before i even showed the customer photogrsphs of what i had found in the attic a rats nest of cables crimps and connectors for the lights, i removed a shower circuit for them and had a few phone calls then trying to blame me for things that didnt work in the house because i was the last spark there was a nightmare, turned out the previous owner was a cctv installer and thought hed have a go wiring his house i explained that she needed a rewire pointed out the hazards to her but she wouldnt have none of it so just told her where to goin the end

Might be worth downloading some of the info from the Electrical safety Council web site and passing them over to your cust. Obviously it's his decision and you should not cut your throat just to get him to see sense.
Regards.

PS Does it require a Danger Notice????????

Said this before on here....get a pack of those "make the case for RCDs" flyers that they have at counters (usually screwfix and the like).....i think its the electrical safety council thats responsible for em...........anyway everytime you go to a place and its an old BS3036 type board...you just leave em one of those and let it do its work on em..........

Is the 10 year average 33 fatalities and 1100 house fires, anually, caused by wiring defects?

Is you Customer a regular at the Bookies?

Wifes uncle had a place like that mate no upstairs lights or downstairs sockets. He refused to spend the money even though he was loaded. Sometimes youjust can't reason with people, I even offered to do it just for the cost of materials so him and his wife would have a bit of comfort

I heard the following phrase to use once, and it works:

"You go to the pub, have ten pints, drive home and arrive back in one piece. Was that a good thing or just good luck?"

Reply to convincing customer to have a rewire in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net