Discuss cooker circuit max load 14kw in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichardMoore

Hi all
Am started a kitchen for a customer who knows it all he does want any floor lifting etc to save on mess. But the situation is existing 6mm in, is in good condition but there is a hob and double oven wanting to go in. Now the hob is 7.2kw and the double oven is 5.4kw . I would usually put 2x6mm in for good practice but am sure I have read somewhere about a cooker circuit being able to have a max load of 14kw know am not sure and would like to be corrected if am wrong. If I could get around it this time it would be ideal but am just trying to get the technical side right before I put these two appliances together on one circuit. Many thanks in advance all opinions welcome thank you.

Bit vague on info but if Im reading this correct you have 6mm T&E on a radial cooker circuit?. Without knowing grouping, installation method etc ….. lets say the 6mm cable rating is 40A.

Cooker is 12.6kW (55A). Assuming its going on a cooker control unit with a socket then with OSG diversity applied your load is 10A+5A+(30% of 55A – 10A) ~ 30A.

6mm cable on a 32A C/B should be man enough for the job but depending on your exact calcs a 40A C/B could also be OK.

I think the OP is refering to section H4 of the OSG (page 176) (Cooker circuits in household and similar premises)

I think the OP is refering to section H4 of the OSG (page 176) (Cooker circuits in household and similar premises)

Which says?

Back to the OP, if you can do separate circuits then I would. If you are trying to reuse an existing 6mm, its down to the diversity calc and buying a clic dual output plate.

Reply to cooker circuit max load 14kw in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys Looking for some advice with regards to a extension job. Customer has ordered a Rangemaster Induction Hob and Oven. I've looked at...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock